Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Well, my tri season is over

1,933 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Swarely
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did the Wurst Tri Ever yesterday. About 10 miles into the ride I took a 90 degree corner too fast and went down. Bent my derailer and handle bars. Road rash down the right side of my body and what doctors think is a fractured elbow.
Jumped back up on my bike (yay adrenaline!) and finished the ride in the only gear that my bike would go in. Did the run holding my arm while dropping blood. And got my medal dammit.
Ended up averaging 15 mph on the bike, 15th in my age group, and 202nd overall. Not too shabby.
In any case, looks like I will not be doing the Austin 70.3 which sucks. The brighter side is that now I have my Saturday's back! Y'all stay safe out there! Learn from me, and slow down on your turns!
AggieOO
sorry to hear, but kudos for toughing it out.
agcivengineer
AG
Thats sucks and is impressive all at once.
P.U.T.U
AG
Sorry to hear, just means some time to relax and get started with next season earlier
dubi
AG
Swarely said:

Did the Wurst Tri Ever yesterday. About 10 miles into the ride I took a 90 degree corner too fast and went down. Bent my derailer and handle bars. Road rash down the right side of my body and what doctors think is a fractured elbow.
Jumped back up on my bike (yay adrenaline!) and finished the ride in the only gear that my bike would go in. Did the run holding my arm while dropping blood. And got my medal dammit.
Ended up averaging 15 mph on the bike, 15th in my age group, and 202nd overall. Not too shabby.
In any case, looks like I will not be doing the Austin 70.3 which sucks. The brighter side is that now I have my Saturday's back! Y'all stay safe out there! Learn from me, and slow down on your turns!
I fractured my elbow and was GTG in 4 weeks. Pain lasted 8 days.
Swarely
So, went to an orthopedist yesterday. No break after all! Seems I just hyper extended it. Lots of icing and stretching is what is required.
AggieOO
Swarely said:

So, went to an orthopedist yesterday. No break after all! Seems I just hyper extended it. Lots of icing and stretching is what is required.
whoop91
AG
AggieOO said:

sorry to hear, but kudos for toughing it out.
Duncan Idaho
At least the race lived up to its name.

Glad your ok
2001%er
AG
Well no false advertising in that name I guess Congrats for gutting out the finish, and hope you have a quick recovery.
Swarely
Thanks for the kind words everybody! A week in and its feeling a ton better. I still have issues straightening it out, or grasping anything; but the swelling is way down and I have some range of motion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.