Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Kerrville HIM

1,533 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggietaco
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else racing?

Wife and I are both doing it. I have not idea how this will go for me. Swimming is my weak event, but i actually feel the strongest in the water right now, which is a weird feeling for me. I've not had a good training block this time due to trying to train through the summer heat/humidity. I shed some weight, but I didn't get down to where I was hoping to be on race day, so i know that's slowing me down a bit.

The weather is starting to look pretty sketchy for sunday. Looking like lots of rain and possible thunderstorms, but the temperature is trending down, so at least that's a positive.
Swarely
Not racing this year, but last year I did the quarter. I was one of two people out there that wasn't in a wet suit. I do my open water swim training in Barton Springs so I figured I was fine. I didn't need to worry. That was the warmest body of water I have ever been in. I was so overheated coming out I never really recovered, and had terrible splits on my bike and run.

I would look at the weather as a god send temperature wise. Hope there's no lightning.
AggieOO
quote:
Not racing this year, but last year I did the quarter. I was one of two people out there that wasn't in a wet suit. I do my open water swim training in Barton Springs so I figured I was fine. I didn't need to worry. That was the warmest body of water I have ever been in. I was so overheated coming out I never really recovered, and had terrible splits on my bike and run.

I would look at the weather as a god send temperature wise. Hope there's no lightning.
i swim at Pure, and the lake there is 85 degrees+, so doubt it'll be much of an issue for me.

i'll take the drop in temp, but the lightning is what is worrying me as far as cancellation possibility.
RustyBoltz
AG
There's a few of us from the Waco Tri club racing the quarter and at least a couple racing the half.
I'm hoping the weather turns off because I've been really looking forward to this weekend for awhile now.
raidernarizona
In for the 5k on the relay. Does that count?

I compressed a nerve in my lumbar golfing and haven't run in 2.5 weeks. Should be fun!

Edit: NM, you said HIM, I just read Kerrville. Definitely doesn't count....
wcb
AG
quote:

I compressed a nerve in my lumbar golfing and haven't run in 2.5 weeks. Should be fun!

Don't want to derail the thread, but any tips on what you did to speed up recovery? I'm four weeks out from an IM and tweaked my back last week. It's slowly getting better, but every time I sit for more than ~10 minutes it locks right back up and I have to start all over loosening it out.
AggieOO
quote:

i completely forgot there are events on saturday. Sorry guys. Tunnel vision looking toward sunday's race.

can we revise to Anyone doing the Kerrville Triathlon Festival?
raidernarizona
Well, I stopped running and playing basketball 3x/week after my Chiro told me to. Been to the chiro 3x, lots of stretching (McKenzie Method), alternating ice and heat constantly while at my desk. Methacarbamol and meloxicam have helped too. Not healed yet, but feel like I'm making slow progress. Sitting does suck. Back pain blows! This is my first bout with it. Hope you heal up soon!

Good luck OO and everyone else racing this weekend!
AggieOO
Looking like it won't be wetsuit legal.
Aggietaco
AG
Good luck tomorrow OO and Mrs OO.
Aggietaco
AG
Apparently the weather is crap. Be safe out there!
AggieOO
We both finished. Wife had a better race than I did, but I felt pretty good the whole time, other than my back seizing up.

Lots of wind and rain, but luckily no lighting.
Aggietaco
AG
Congrats
AggieOO
appreciate it.

turns out the wife ended up on the podium for her AG. The first place woman had a timing issue (2 min 3 sec half marathon time) where she was clocked as the fastest runner of the day. Fixing that issue takes the wife from 4th to 3rd.
Aggietaco
AG
Bad ass!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.