Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

IM CHOO140.6 and 70.3 auction entries (2017)

1,280 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jdaerr
Ag Eng 92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I work for the title sponsor and we are having a United Way silent auction that ends Friday at noon eastern. There is an entry to the 70.3 (next May) and the 140.6 (year from this Sunday) available. Anyone want me to bid for you? Last year the half went for ~$175 and the full went for ~$450. You get a certificate/code to use to sign up. The auction goes dark at 5 pm Thursday (the highest bid at that time is visible, but any new bids are not). Right now, they are sitting at like $15 and $30... They will surely rise... I'll check back here later this week...
Ag Eng 92
AG
I just bid $50 for the HIM and $201 for the full. If I win, they'll be available for those prices to my Texags friends...
Duncan Idaho
Choo?

The Google machine helps not.
AggieOO
quote:
Choo?

The Google machine helps not.
you must not be good at the googles.

Aggietaco
AG
So, did you win?
Hincemm
AG
I might take you up on the full...
Ag Eng 92
AG
Half went for $75 and full went for $333. Amazing deals. I get my registration covered by company (so awesome). I'm already registered for the half next year. May jump back in to the full if I get inspired volunteering this weekend. They are both great races, and Chattanooga is hosting the world HIM next November (2017).
Endo Ag
AG
I didn't get to race, but I spectated the half. Great race, great venue, great city. Would recommend.
Ag Eng 92
AG
Daerr was 5th today. Isn't he one of us!?!
Jim01
AG
Yep and Matt Hanson in fourth who is a bit of an honorary Texan. He trains a ton in The Woodlands.

Reading the IM Chattanooga Facebook group was like ready about people going through a war. People were dropping like flies from the heat. Cramping, dehydration. One guy was posting from the ER where he was on IV. People were definitely not prepared for the heat.
Ag Eng 92
AG
The heat was unbelievable. I was driving into town from Nashville at 6 and it was still >94 on my car thermometer. I worked the last aide station (miles 9/12 on first loop for runners and 22/25 on second loop) from 8- midnight. Ambulance sirens were constantly going off. At one time, I counted 3 bodies on the ground receiving treatment. Competitors were amazing!
jdaerr
Crazy hot race. Almost as bad as IMTX 2013. Almost.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.