Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Boston 2017

7,128 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Pilot
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm watching on TV (work from home), so haven't looked for a stream.

Looks like Buzu is having a rough day, having already fallen off the back of the pack.
wangus12
AG
Curious to see how Hasay does today. Her 1st marathon I believe. She ran a half-marathon in 67 minutes on April 1
AggieOO
you never know with a first marathon, but i expect to see her crack around mile 18-20.

Des is looking solid. I think she's got a good shot today.
wangus12
AG
Thats what I'd figure as well. Surprised Neely Spence Gracey isn't running today after being the top American woman last year and finishing 9th in her 1st marathon
coop-aero-06
AG
I'm watching as well. The American women and men are doing very well so far. Looks like Jared Ward backed off a little bit. Maybe he is regrouping and running his own race like he did at the Olympics.
AggieOO
looks like I might have been wrong on Des. I'd guess she'll still finish in the top 10.
wangus12
AG
Desi starting to drop
wangus12
AG
We'll see if that push to close the gap does her in later
AggieOO
that'll be interesting. if she backed off of a pace that was too quick and then closed the gap as the leaders slowed, it might have been a very smart move.
AggieOO
looked to be short-lived.
Endo Ag
AG
Pilot through 15k in 1:03:19, on pace for a 2:58.
AggieOO
Kiplagat is very experienced, but i wonder if that move was too early.
wangus12
AG
Like they just said, probably running angry after the Olympics.

Buddy of mine on pace for 3:30
cjo03
AG
Kudos to her.. grabbed the wrong bottle.. turned around and took it back to the table.
wangus12
AG
Amazing sportsmanship there
AggieOO
Kiplagat is looking really strong, she's crushing it. Hasay and Desi still running strong in 3rd and 4th.

I'm pulling for Rupp, even though in the back of my mind, I feel like he's probably a cheater. Innocent until proven guilty, i guess.
wangus12
AG
He's looking solid, plus they are in that 10k territory.
AggieOO
have an 11a call.
wangus12
AG
Kiplagat crushed it

Hasay in 3rd.
wangus12
AG
Rupp falling back from Kirui
AggieOO
damn Rupp got dropped like a rock.
coop-aero-06
AG
Looks like its really tough out there right now. Temps around 73 and the 2 runners that I'm following are slowing down considerably. It's a shame that the temps didn't cooperate because with the tail wind, I'm sure we could have seen some big PRs today.
cjo03
AG
AggieOO said:

was hoping to see inhuman closing speed resulting in a foot race and a dive across the finish.
Big Cat `93
AG
Awesome debut by Hasay.
AggieOO
cjo03 said:

AggieOO said:

was hoping to see inhuman closing speed resulting in a foot race and a dive across the finish.
Guess Alberto will need to find a new cocktail for Rupp.
cjo03
AG
as long as it is still in the grey area and not the banned area
sims05
AG
I was tracking Meb and Pilot and saw they had the same time at the 15k mark. I was thinking damn Pilot is going all out. Then I checked again and saw Pilot was at the 10k.
AggieOO
even if Pilot was going all out, he couldn't hang with meb for 15K.
CDub06
AG
I was curious to see how Hassay did after all of the hype around her. Incredible debuts as a long distance runner.

I knew she was wrapped up by Nike, but came across this tidbit on the Nike Oregon Project wiki page:
Quote:

Some of the runners in the group live in a specially designed house where filters are used to remove oxygen from the air to simulate living at high elevation.
Talk about living and breathing running.
coop-aero-06
AG
Congrats to everyone who finished today! Qualifying for Boston and running it in crummy conditions like today are tremendous achievements!
Rudyjax
AG
Local XC coach ran yesterday. He ran at A&M and he's still faster than all his kids, and his team finished 3rd 2 years running.

Even a Texan was affected by the temp as he fell off. But looking at his time 2:36, just shows how impressive the elite are.

That's what I love about marathons. I can run the same course, well not Boston (yet) and not compete with them but run the same course. I'm rambling.
The Pilot
AG
It was hot today! Boston kicked my ass again, I'll figure this race out sooner or later. Try again next year.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.