Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Runners: Do you listen to music while running?

6,936 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Jetpilot86
Sooner Born
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I use a flipbelt to hold my phone and just run the cord under my shirt. After running with them for more than a year, I moved away from Bluetooth headphones early this year. I have the same controls with the apple headphones, I haven't had any sweat issues and don't have to worry about remembering to charge them...which is something I frequently forgot to do with my plantronics.

Having said that, if I still wore an arm band, I would probably run with Bluetooth.

As for what I listen to, sometimes it's podcasts usually it's music, but it's always something if I'm not running with anyone or racing. I hate creating playlists so I try and find albums that are about the length of my run. I especially love long run days when I can put on a Phish of String Cheese live album and just "get lost" in the music.
JDL 96
Not if I'm running outside. Only on the treadmill at the gym. At home I'll do the Sufferfest app, Netflix or Amazon prime.
JDL 96
The Miami Vice theme song is AWSEOME in a running mix. Really pumps you up.
montegobay
I run with my IPhone on my arm. I listen to books on Audible mostly, but for races, I typically do music.
tamuags08
AG
Podcasts on longer solo runs, music on shorter, faster solo runs. Usually nothing with the group.

I usually do run with music on race day though.

Also I do use my phone exclusively and usually just stick it in a zip lock bag to protect it from sweat.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I run without music.
That is my time to sort through my thoughts, plan my day, enjoy the sounds, pray, and just enjoy time alone.
VanZandt92
The cord has never bothered me at all.
Jetpilot86
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Those of you that run w shuffles...beware. they short out easily if sweat gets in them. It also voids the warranty on it if that happens. This was mostly bc I clipped it to the collar of my shirt and neck sweat got into it. So be careful where you clip.

I've lost 2 and in doing research online saw many others had the same happen. May have changed as this was a while back.
I've never had a problem with my shuffle.

One time I forgot to take it off, so It got washed AND run thru the dryer. Charged it up and kept going.

That was 5 years ago. Worked until I got a Nano to have bluetooth. Probably still works....

hth

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.