Random question about salvage yards

1,795 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexAg2016
highvelocity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was driving around town and saw a few salvage yards that had some decent wrecked trucks and it had me wondering.. Has anyone come across good wheels / tires and other parts from a wrecked vehicle?

Thinking of exploring this route to make some additions to mine.

Thanks
The Fife
Wheels, yes. I bought a set once to replace some that Mrs. Fife destroyed when she slid into a curb. Tires were garbage.
Madman
AG
somewhat related question.

I would love to get my hands on junked steel auto parts. Just for welding into projects. Mostly for garage furniture.

What would be my best bet in Houston?
Silvy
AG
Come to Galveston and take some of my sh*t.
coppag92
AG
I would try one of these places that buys the wheels/tires off new trucks when aftermarket sfuff is installed new on the truck or those special custom packages are added. I had names of two, not sure the Houston location is still there and not sure where you are located. Another source for you in addition to craigslist, ebay, Texags classifieds etc. I know that you can even get the new tires on there too if you want. I once bought tires from Hurst location years ago. Also, do a search for "factory wheel take-offs"

WAREHOUSE TIRE AND WHEEL
6767 RAMPART ST.
HOUSTON, TX 77081
(713) 669-8200

NORTH TEXAS FACTORY TAKE-OFF
800 W Hurst Blvd
Hurst TX 76053
(817) 589-8874
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Many of my build parts come from salvage yards.
dubi
AG
silverado_lover said:

Come to Galveston and take some of my sh*t.
S10 coffee table? $750!
p_bubel
highvelocity said:

I was driving around town and saw a few salvage yards that had some decent wrecked trucks and it had me wondering.. Has anyone come across good wheels / tires and other parts from a wrecked vehicle?

Thinking of exploring this route to make some additions to mine.

Thanks
LKQ
Car-Part

I tried for a while to find some replacement "leather" seats with no real luck, but I did replace the factory amp for around $5.
GrapevineAg
AG
Yep, I occassionally hit the salvage yards off Business 287 SE of Fort Worth.

Got some good parts for my son's '66 Mustang. One example: we snagged the intermittent windshield wiper switch and module out of a 1980's F-250, and the wiper motor out of a 1970's F-150 - good upgrade for an old Mustang.
TexAg2016
AG
Hey silvy, what kind of wheels do you have laying around? You evidently changed your phone number.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.