good compact truck?

1,706 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Naveronski
Just Tired
How long do you want to ignore this user?
had a ford ranger i loved back in the day and thinking about going back to a small truck. what do you like out there? thoughts on nissan frontier?
Dill-Ag13
AG
Why not an old Ranger?

Frontier desperately needs an update. Interior is spartan and they're loud but solid trucks. You won't pay the same premium that you would for a Taco.
halibut sinclair
Wait for the new Ranger in 2019.
Duncan Idaho
Wait for the new Mercedes

http://www.businessinsider.com/mercedes-benz-pick-up-truck-x-class-concept-2016-10
MouthBQ98
AG
I like my Nissan. A coworker has a Frontier and it seems alright.
Mookie
AG
Ridge line is great. Definitely an acquired taste though as far as looks.
mm98
AG
For the price, a Frontier SV is hard to beat. I had an Xterra (same platform and drivetrain) and I really liked it. Hauls 1,500 lbs. Can tow 6,000+. Mileage wasn't any better than today's full size, but you can pick them up new around 23-25K, depending on cab configuration.

runnrboy
AG
I currently drive a 2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV and like it a lot. In the past I owned a 2005 Tacoma four door and like the Frontier much better. I have a longer torso than legs and the the Tacoma had weird ergonomics for me. It seemed to have a low roof line. Also had to move the seat up because of shorter legs and always banged my knees on the low steering column getting in a out of the truck. The ergonomics on the Frontier are much better. What I like about the Frontier is the what you get for the price. Some say it's spartan, but I like that. I don't need or want a lot of fluff in my truck. I don't mind the plastic door panels and dash since makes it easier to clean. I also like the fold up back seats allowing me to use the floor in the rear passenger compartment. You don't get that with the Tacoma. The cruise also holds better on the Frontier without a lot of down shifting. The Tacoma seemed to down shift with any sort of small hill. I've driven my Frontier across the country and averaged 22 mpg with the V6 and have pulled 16ft low boy trailers loaded with fence supplies without any issues. I think the Tacoma is a good truck, but it's not for me. Take a look at the Frontier, you might be surprised.
cz308
If I was looking for a small pickup, I'd go the Tacoma route myself.
Guitarsoup
AG
84 S10 by far
Naveronski
AG
Tacoma.

Or old Tacoma. Or new Tacoma.

I like my Tacoma.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.