Thoughts on high mileage C5 Corvette

1,960 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgNav93
AgNav93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm considering buying a C5 vette. It looks great, but, I haven't driven it yet. I'm a little hesitant because it has 112k miles on it. If I bought it I'd probably only drive it once or twice a week. Should I just pass on this? What do I need to look out for when I drive it?
Dill-Ag13
AG
What difference does mileage make if it's not going to be your daily?
The Wonderer
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

What difference does mileage make if it's not going to be your daily?
permabull
AG
AgNav93
AG
Thanks. It's a 2002 non z-06. They want 13k for it. I've never owned a Corvette before and don't know a lot about them.
crowman2010
AG
AgNav93 said:

Thanks. It's a 2002 non z-06. They want 13k for it. I've never owned a Corvette before and don't know a lot about them.
Start at $10k, accept at $11.5k
permabull
AG
AgNav93
AG
hypeiv said:

Check for leaks under the car around the diff and torque tube, the coolant tank and steering rack. Oil sender fails a lot so when you test drive it make sure the gauge is moving when you hit the gas. If its pegged at max it is broken. None of these are big deals but good ammo to knock the price down.

Be firm and ready to walk... There are a ton of c5s out there in great shape and they haven't hit the floor yet when it comes to value.
Thanks. This is good info.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.