2010 JK Unlimited Sahara - Auction Value?

5 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Corps_Ag12
Corps_Ag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dad is thinking about trading in/selling his jeep for either a new jeep or a Tahoe.

2010 JK Unlimited Sahara - 4x4, hardtop (not body color), automatic, navigation, factory upgraded sound system, 98,000 miles.

Want to make sure he gets a fair deal. TIA
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Werent you looking for a Brahmobile?
Corps_Ag12
AG
Si

But he hasn't decided yet and I may have to pay him a trade in amount so I'd like to know too.

Personally, I said instead of trading it in let's drop a rebuilt 5.7L HEMi in it.
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

2010 JK Unlimited Sahara - 4x4, hardtop (not body color), automatic, navigation, factory upgraded sound system, 98,000 miles.
BOOOOOOOOOOOO
aggiepaintrain
AG
auction value is irrelevant
Corps_Ag12
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

auction value is irrelevant

I assume that it would hold some water on a dealer's trade in value, no matter the market retail rate they would charge.
Corps_Ag12
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Quote:

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

At 64 years old, he was not interested in shifting gears himself.
aggiepaintrain
AG
email me the VIN username gmail, I buy Heeps as well.
FJB
Tagguy
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Si

But he hasn't decided yet and I may have to pay him a trade in amount so I'd like to know too.

Personally, I said instead of trading it in let's drop a rebuilt 5.7L HEMi in it.
I've known two who had 5.7s in them. They were both very disappointed with the power. Both also had slight overheating issues if they drove them around town. I have heard of more people being pleased with the gains from a supercharger than a 5.7 swap.

Also something to note on the older JKs with the 3.8 and automatic you will also have to replace the transmission along with the engine swap. The newer ones usually do not need a swap.

If it is just a toy and you can get a good deal on it then jump on it. If this is something you are going to regularly drive the 3.6 is the only way I would go or a properly done 6.4 swap.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Good info, thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.