Power of Texags... thinking of pulling the trigger, any input?

3,466 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aTm_bomb
aTm_bomb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nm
Madman
AG
Stop being a ***** and buy two or three.
The Wonderer
AG
Could have bought tree fiddy Mustangs instead
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
What was it?

The Fife
New Viper?
An Ag in CO
AG
The 488 GTB is the street version and GTE and GT3 are the racing versions. The GTE has already proven itself to be a durable car for the racetrack so if that's the driving you need it for then it's a pretty good choice. The category does have some restrictions in place so the power of the engine is actually less than the road car. Start your negotiations with Ferrari as soon as possible, though, as both the GTE and GT3 are typically Ferrari production race cars and buying can be a process.
aTm_bomb
AG
It was an 08 Infiniti M35 with 61,000m. 1 owner with a very clean Carfax detailing down to oil changes at the same dealership it was sold at. Asking price was $15,988. I was trying to get a feel for possible issues and thoughts on moving from a new smaller car to an older more luxurious car. Also what was deemed a good price. NADA seems to be right in the same ballpark for retail.

I tend to be impulsive so trying to get good input to if this was rational or even a reasonable move. Current car is a '11 GTI.

M35 for sale
TxAg20
AG
An Ag in CO said:

The 488 GTB is the street version and GTE and GT3 are the racing versions. The GTE has already proven itself to be a durable car for the racetrack so if that's the driving you need it for then it's a pretty good choice. The category does have some restrictions in place so the power of the engine is actually less than the road car. Start your negotiations with Ferrari as soon as possible, though, as both the GTE and GT3 are typically Ferrari production race cars and buying can be a process.

I like the conclusion you jumped to.

We need an auto board jump to conclusions mat for when people don't say the type of vehicle. I think the mat needs:

4Runner
Landcruiser
CrownVic/Grand Marquis
XX.X Mustangs

Feel free to add others
powerbelly
AG
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST
Corps_Ag12
AG
LS Swap
aTm_bomb
AG
I knew I could count on ya'll... plastidip is on the table as well.
The Fife
TxAg20 said:

An Ag in CO said:

I like the conclusion you jumped to.

We need an auto board jump to conclusions mat for when people don't say the type of vehicle. I think the mat needs:

4Runner
Landcruiser
CrownVic/Grand Marquis
XX.X Mustangs

Feel free to add others
Used rental
Ecoboost
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I had both a G and M.

The G was GoKart fun but the M felt more mature.

I had a 07 M35 Sport with the same 19" Wheels and 4 wheel steering.

It was a super fun ride and sounded awesome after the megan racing exhaust I installed.

Some of the trim pieces inside wore faster than I expected but it was more like door pulls and minor dash panels.

Leather wore great and the cooled seats were some of the best I've ever sat in.
aTm_bomb
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

I had both a G and M.

It was a super fun ride and sounded awesome after the megan racing exhaust I installed.

Some of the trim pieces inside wore faster than I expected but it was more like door pulls and minor dash panels.

Thanks 1ags. Thought you would know. Seems like the v6 is fairly bulletproof. Aware of any mechanical gremlins? Pretty sure im going to move on this guy .
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
aTm_bomb said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I had both a G and M.

Thanks 1ags. Thought you would know. Seems like the v6 is fairly bulletproof. Aware of any mechanical gremlins? Pretty sure im going to move on this guy .
If it has any issues its gonna be the same issues as a G35/350Z/etc.

I also went from 245/40R19 to 245/45R19 for more sidewall and better ride.

Make sure the power seats all work in all positions and functions.

Make sure it has two keys.

aTm_bomb
AG
Any idea on auction value for a 2011 vw gti with 46k miles and auto transmission? I have the nada value but just needing the bottom dollar

Thanks
hatchback
AG
If this had a manual, I'd be interested in buying. But, oh well.
aTm_bomb
AG
Does an apr stage one tune sway you?

I get the manual love but it sure has been enjoyable with the quick shifts and even the manual and sport mode that holds gears to redline
hatchback
AG
No... I've got a DSG in my Jetta and I'm on the hunt for a manual transmission. I miss rowing my own gears.
Flaith
AG
currently looking for a replacement whip for my TDI

I wish these Infiniti M's were offered in manual transmission. I just don't want to drive an auto
aTm_bomb
AG
So this deal fell through due to pricing but found another that was intriguing... unfortunately it is at TDA. If i recall, 1ags and others have had bad experiences with the cars they got from TDA. Autocheck they provide looks clear but I am not sure it is as transparent as CarFax is (still understanding that much can be omitted). Is the general rule of "Stay away from TDA" apply or should I just go the extra mile in my due diligence?
The Wonderer
AG
1ags didn't have a bad experience there, his totaled out F150 (head on (him) tbone collision) showed up on their sales floor about a month or two later with a clean carfax...and priced for more than he paid for it.
aTm_bomb
AG
That's right... thanks for the reminder. Not sure if I should assume the same and stay away or at least go check out a clean looking M35. Are there positive experiences there?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.