Brake Squeal - 2014 F-150

2,399 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
jakester03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My brakes squeal something awful when coming to a stop. Pulling into the garage, parking spot, whatever. I took it to the dealer and they were "unable to replicate the problem." However, I realized after I dropped it off that I never gave them my Gorilla lock key. He said they have a master key, but I'm suspicious. So 2 questions:

1) They said the brake pads looked great. What else could be causing the squeal?

2) Do they really have a Gorilla master key or they just feeding me a line and never took the wheels off to check the brakes?

TIA!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Dealer sounds lazy.

Depending on your lock type there may or may not be a 'master key'.

You can DIY this.

REmove the wheels, lube caliper slide pins and then spray the back of the pads with Disc Brake QUiet and reinstall.

I like the permatex red spay on one.
jakester03
AG
Awesome, Wes. Thanks!

I've never messed with brakes before. So will I need to completely remove the calipers and pads for this? Heading for YouTube now to check videos.
Silvy
AG
RIP
jakester03
AG
Oh and the wheel locks I put on were Gorilla Automotive 66601 Duplex Acorn Gorilla Guard Locks (14mm x 2.00 Thread Size)
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Dont remove the cage just the floating part with the pistons.

The pins and sometimes the rubber bellow comes out, wipe the pins clean and apply a nice high temp grease to the pins and pop them back in. THe rubber bellows are slippery once greased and they just pop off and on.

Make sure the pads go back to the same position. (inner/outer etc).
aad03
AG
1ags, did you fix this? My truck is doing the same thing, and the dealer told me the same thing.
Class of '03
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
aad03 said:

1ags, did you fix this? My truck is doing the same thing, and the dealer told me the same thing.
I do this all day err day....
aad03
AG
Mechanic I paid to install new pads left the original hardware in the caliper, and it was in bad shape. I replaced the clips, added some brake grease, re-lubed the pins. Squeal is gone, and so are my migraines. Thanks.
Class of '03
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
aad03 said:

Mechanic I paid to install new pads left the original hardware in the caliper, and it was in bad shape. I replaced the clips, added some brake grease, re-lubed the pins. Squeal is gone, and so are my migraines. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.