Hose clamp removal suggestions

1,514 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MouthBQ98
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I want to strangle who ever put this hose clamp on.

How the hell am I supposed to get that fcker off so I can replace the hose?
moore42
AG
I use the flexible hose clamps for stuff like that.

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-4525-Cable-Type-Flexible-Pliers/dp/B000F5JM0O/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SWK1XPV6S7KBKKBKEJ91
locogringo
AG
Undo other end of hose, try to twist the entire hose until clamp is facing up? Those type of clamps usually aren't super tight so some rotating might be possible.

Hard to tell from your pic, but maybe some long needle nose pliers to where your hand is operating them from a good distance away. Pliers positioned under everything, so they are parallel with the ground, not at an angle.

EDIT for obligatory TexAgs answer: Use a hole saw to cut at access hole from the inside of the vehicle, duh!
La Fours
AG
Other end is disconnected already. I'll try to twist it some more. But needle Jose pliers is probably my best hope.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
But needle Jose pliers is probably my best hope.
Is this like Manuel labor?
La Fours
AG
Well ***** Stupid autocorrect. And needle nose pliers for he win. Got the bottom wing and was able to twist it around to where I could get both sides with pliers and remove the hose.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Undo other end of hose, try to twist the entire hose until clamp is facing up? Those type of clamps usually aren't super tight so some rotating might be possible.

Hard to tell from your pic, but maybe some long needle nose pliers to where your hand is operating them from a good distance away. Pliers positioned under everything, so they are parallel with the ground, not at an angle.

EDIT for obligatory TexAgs answer: Use a hole saw to cut at access hole from the inside of the vehicle, duh!

Wish I would have seen that before I was able to remove it.
JSKolache
AG
small hands, smell like cabbage
coolerguy12
AG
Is that on a toyota? I had to use a dremel to cut off a clamp on my tundra. Sonabich was crazy strong. I think it was made out of mithril
classicdoug
AG
Google "flexible hose clamp pliers." You can probably buy one at any parts store. With the tool, it will be a piece of cake.
MouthBQ98
AG
Twist the hose would have been my first suggestion as well. Sounds like you went with plan b, which is get a pair of needle nose and get intimate with it a-la a guy with his prom date in the back of a Honda Civic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.