buy a dealer shuttle car?

3,438 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
neutics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vehicle agnostic question, though I have found a particular car that seems like a good deal on the surface.

Would you buy a current MY (2016) Japanese vehicle with less than 5,000 miles on it that was used by the dealer as an 'in and around' vehicle, presumably to shuttle service customers or maybe make parts runs?

it's a CPO, which extends the warranty another year and/or 12,000 miles from the in-service date I believe.

PROs - low mileage, great price, well-maintained (maybe one oil change & tire rotation at this point)

CONS - lots of short quick trips, so that 5,000 miles is kind of deceiving in terms of wear & tear. Also, I imagine the shuttle drivers are "Driving Miss Daisy" with a customer in the car and "Days of Thunder" on the way back.

Thanks in advance. Also this is a no-haggle dealer, though the price is still more than fair.
The Wonderer
AG
Absolutely.

"Short quick trips" is the same as most people's daily commute in stop-and-go traffic.

See if the vehicle was ever titled. If not, the warranty should be full beginning at the date and mileage that the car is sold to a commercial buyer. Then tack on your 1/12k to that.

Most dealership shuttle drivers are older individuals because of the desire of "Drive Ms. Daisy" type experiences for customers. Easiest way to see who the drivers are at the dealership.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I did. We're almost to 100k and have had zero issues. Toyota sienna
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Shuttle or loaner?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.