EcoBoost issues???

2,714 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr. Dubi
brettag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about pulling trigger on a 4wd one by Friday. What are the early concerns for this product? Any aggie sales guys/gals near Austin that can help? Saw 0% interest just came back. Appreciate the help.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Plugs need to be changed at 60K not 100K.

Have contact in houston area if you want it.

note if you take 0% you lose most of the rebates.

email at username at gmail if you need more info
DamageDone
AG
70k miles. Went into limp home mode two times in 48 hours. Once while driving 70. Replaced throttle body. No problem so far (one month). No other problems for me.
SG09
AG
lots of problems, avoid like the plague. but then again i'm bitter after taking it to 5-6 different ford dealers and having a ford rep tell me to get bent when i was upset for having to wait 6 weeks for parts. extremely dislike mine. 2013 scab 4x4 boost.

edited to add - mine shifted so hard yesterday i thought i had been rear ended. it's ok though, all the dealers "can't reproduce". it's only done it since new.
BosAG06
AG
I'm a bitter ex-owner of a 2014 also...a/c was horrible, could not cool the truck, transmission groan that had a TSB but the dealer wouldn't fix unless they could replicate. Front end had a weird clunk, engine randomly shut off on a family vacation to Florida. I traded it after a year of ownership....

Edit: Oh and after I traded it I got a notification of a recall due to the brake boosters failing and not to drive the truck even though they didn't have the parts to fix it yet.....that solidified my decision in getting rid of it.
NWE
AG
Love my 2014.
CDUB98
AG
Just over 60k on my booooooost and zero problems.
Bregxit
AG
2016 F150 Boost with about 7500 miles on it. Runs great. AC freezes me out. Quiet. Love it.

Get in touch with me in 9-10 years and I will probably be cursing it.
Maverick06
AG
2011 screw FX4 here with 104k problem free miles. Changed plugs at 60k and haven't done anything else other than routine maintenance. It does have the hard shift on occasion but not too bad. Happy with mine so far.
vansprinkle
AG
'13 with 55k. No issues so far. Cool a/c. Wife loves it.

Oil changes suck thanks to horrible placement of the oil filter. 3.77 gears and 16-17 mph avg. those are my only complaints (not complaining about 3.77s).
Mr. Dubi
Agree on oil change. You know it's a poor design when they put a drain pan under the filter, but to make matters worse, oil pours out the back of the pan rather than out the funnel in front.

And 4.10 gears are even worse on mileage. Average around 14 mpg in city driving, not much better on the highway.

Sometimes the clunk from first to neutral is bad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.