Rental car companies?

1,182 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
hatchback
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have the opportunity to join the National Emerald Elite with the new credit card I just received. What are the benefits of this over the Avis Preferred that I'm already a part of?

Thanks!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Avis preferred is the base line membership.

I'm Avis Presidents Club and I get a two car class upgrade, but not much else any of the others offer, express checkout etc.

National Emerald Elite has some benefits.

"Executive area access", everything there is midsize rate.

Earning rate for free rental days - one free day per 5 rented

I think if you rent mid size, you get one class upgrade

You get guaranteed car with 24 hours notice when booked at the mid-size rate

If you fly private planes, they'll deliver to FBO up to 50 miles for free.

hatchback
AG
How does the quality of car compare to those offered by Avis and others? Do you find that National has a good variety of cars?
KY AG
AG
I've been top tier, at one point, with all rental companies. National is by far the best in my opinion.

Better cars with lower miles. Better selection. Emerald Club lane is awesome.

The only downside to National is that they're not everywhere, so you get Enterprise cars if a National is nowhere nearby. And even though they are the same company, Enterprise is the friggin' worst.

Would definitely recommend them over the Hertz/Avis equivalents.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
I've been top tier, at one point, with all rental companies. National is by far the best in my opinion.

Better cars with lower miles. Better selection. Emerald Club lane is awesome.

The only downside to National is that they're not everywhere, so you get Enterprise cars if a National is nowhere nearby. And even though they are the same company, Enterprise is the friggin' worst.

Would definitely recommend them over the Hertz/Avis equivalents.
This. Executive Elite is great as is the aisle. I've never had a National rental with more than 5k miles on it unless it was a "luxury".

My last Hertz rental had 25k which is fairly low for them. I've had Hertz rentals with over 50k on them

OP - if you're really concerned, get your Executive Elite from National and status match it to Avis and Hertz.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
How does the quality of car compare to those offered by Avis and others? Do you find that National has a good variety of cars?
National is part of the EAN Group.

Enterprise, ALamo, National, and at most airports they share cars.

Most vehicle manufacturers require the fleet rental buyers take a mix of trim lines, for various reasons, including resale and CPO used stuff.

I.e. Lets say they buy a load of Ford Fusions. These are just general estimates.

60% of them will be base SE models with the 2.5L and cloth and 4.2" Display.

15% of them will be 1.5L Ecoboost SE Luxury models with leather, 8" screen nicer wheels etc

15% of them will be 2.0L Ecoboost SE Luxury with 8" screen and moonroof and nicer wheels and nav

10% of them are Titanium 2.0L Boost with all the fixins, keyless go, touchscreen etc

This helps not only the rental fleets with customer satisfaction (offering a more loaded car for the same rate) but also helps used car dealers offer nicer cars for more money. And Its not so obvious later that this car may have been a rental. Just like the other thread about the 2015 F150 sitting at Tommie Vaughn in Columbus. Its a 302A XLT (hard loaded for an XLT) with the 3.5L non boost.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.