Geico Insurance

3,051 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LeftyAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any experience with them. I got a quote that would cut my monthly insurance by $53 a month for 1 vehicle with the same coverage as I currently have with State Farm. I really can't justify not doing it unless Geico is just awful.
permabull
AG
cz308
We switched over to them from Progressive about 2 years ago because they were the cheapest out of everyone we got a quote from. Haven't had to use them for any claims and I hope we don't have to either.
AG
the drop will be from $133.xx to $70.xx

Actually now that I look at it the property damage coverage is $25,000 vs. $50,000, but I think thats a risk I'm willing to take.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Gieco saved me $$$ too. Switched about a year ago.
reproag
AG
I had them and no complaints. Two claims and fast service on both. Switched bc BIL sells insurance now so.....
I will NEVER apologize for being American
Matsui
AG
Had them. No complaints.
locogringo
AG
I have GEICO, just went thru a small fender bender claim, was painless.

2/10 would bang.......another car again.

classicdoug
AG
As a body shop who works with all insurance companies, I would NEVER have Geico insurance. They are at the bottom of my list for paying to fix a car correctly.
Dill-Ag13
AG
So drIve faster to total it?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I've had Progressive, Geico, State Farm, Allstate, Texas Farm Bureau and Farmers.

I've used claims service with Geico, Progressive and Texas Farm Bureau and Allstate.

Allstate is by far the worst claims experience I've ever had. Nickel and dime to death and took forever to process stuff. Aftermarket everything, recondition this/that etc. Had to fight very hard with them.

Progressive claims was fairly seamless. Fast and let me take the car anywhere.

Texas Farm Bureau claims was a little rough starting off but very good at the end. They outsource the claims process.

Geico was pretty good, but as doug says,they did try to cut corners. I ended up negotiating with the body shop. I took the estimate from the body shop and had my dealer parts wholesale guy quote it and I told the body shop that they could buy Ford crash parts program parts (reboxed ford parts to compete with aftermarket) and still make money per the estimate. The service writer said he would have to discuss with his boss, and I told him they had 24 hours and we could proceed or the insurance company could pay him for teardown and I'd have it picked up and taken elsewhere.

Matsui
AG
Insurance companies are in the business to make money.
mts6175
AG
I've had them for about 5 years. They will raise your rate every opportunity they get. Not saying don't switch because of the savings, but just be aware of it. I'm about to start shopping for new insurance because they just raised it on me again at this renewal period.
permabull
AG
vansprinkle
AG
I had them out of college. When my car was stolen it took them2 months to cut me a check. Having a 30 day rental and no check for 60 days sucked, especially when I had only been working for 4-5 months and had nothing in savings.

They pretty much treated me like **** and I dropped them immediately. I switched to Amica and saved money. I've only used Amica for house repairs and they've been great to deal with.
maverick12
AG
quote:
As a body shop who works with all insurance companies, I would NEVER have Geico insurance. They are at the bottom of my list for paying to fix a car correctly.

I was just talking to friend of mine who works some with insurance companies and I'm pretty sure he told me that Geico requires they use used parts if possible.
LeftyAg89
AG
We've had Geico for about 5 years now, with a teenage son. No problems, good rate. I did have one claim and and was resolved painlessly.

Now have 16 year old twins on my policy. Now the "teenage son" is 21 and going to college at Southwestern (Georgetown) and he had a claim (he caused a minor fender bender). Policy is now $510/mo for the 5 of us. UGGHHH!

We are going to shop around and also remove him from our policy.

Prior to Geico we had Progressive for about 5 years and had a great rate, no complaints, so we may take a look at them again.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.