Looking for used truck; What do you think about these two?

3,152 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by KRamp90
TwoMarksHand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to find a used truck around 45k or less miles. Also trying to stay at or under $30k.

What do these two trucks look like to you? Anything I'm missing? Both look like good trucks...thinking about looking at them this afternoon.

2014 40k miles - Truecar has it 2k under average selling price.

2013 14k miles - Truecar has it 7k under average selling price.
OldArmy71
AG
Just FYI, the second one has the fold-down middle front seat, which means it does not have air conditioning vents in the back. I carry grandkids in the back all the time, so I want a truck with rear vents.
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
Just FYI, the second one has the fold-down middle front seat, which means it does not have air conditioning vents in the back. I carry grandkids in the back all the time, so I want a truck with rear vents.
Dammit. Good catch, thanks. The only reason I'm upgrading is because I need more space for the kiddos.
p_bubel

This one has the optional "hover mode."
Dill-Ag13
AG
Maybe I dont pay attention but that's one of the worst 'shop jobs I've seen from a dealer
Agmechanic
AG
quote:
quote:
Dammit. Good catch, thanks. The only reason I'm upgrading is because I need more space for the kiddos.

Wouldnt worry too much. I drive around W Falls with a 3.5 y/o and a 1 y/o in a crew cab chevy with no rear vents. They aint dead yet
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
The 2nd one is also an XLT with cloth seats.

Looks like an XLT with 302A.

First truck is a Lariat with 501A + Nav
OldArmy71
AG
Have you done a search on Autotrader?
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
Have you done a search on Autotrader?
No but I will now. Thanks.
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wouldnt worry too much. I drive around W Falls with a 3.5 y/o and a 1 y/o in a crew cab chevy with no rear vents. They aint dead yet
I'm not worried about it at all. It's the other half that ensures me that it's needed.
OldArmy71
AG
There's a truck at JImmy Cleveland Nissan there in town that is on Autotrader and sounds good, but the price on the actual Nissan site is not listed. They want you to call them, I guess.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=76301&listingType=used&listingTypes=used%2Ccertified&doorCode=4&maxPrice=30000&showcaseListingId=437740704&trim1=F150PICKUP%7CLariat&mmt=%5BFORD%5BF150PICKUP%5BF150PICKUP%257CLariat%5EF150PICKUP%257CXLT%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&trim2=F150PICKUP%7CXLT&doorCodes=4&vehicleStyleCodes=TRUCKS&modelCode1=F150PICKUP&modelCode2=F150PICKUP&makeCode2=FORD&showcaseOwnerId=69484773&startYear=2012&makeCode1=FORD&firstRecord=0&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=75&listingId=439091536&Log=0

I see from the Carfax it was a rental.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Thanks, staying away from rentals.
SoTheySay
S
I agree that you need vents to backseat. Speaking from personal experience - it's one of the main reasons we purchased last year.
KRamp90
AG
My 2016 2500HD bench front has vents for the rear under the front seats.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.