Truck leveling question

1,662 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Buck Compton
Justified
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After the I get my truck leveled and front alignment, do I need to adjust headlights? Or just leave them alone? I don't think this has been discussed?
fightinfarmer2010
AG
adjust them down a bit, your fellow drivers will appreciate it
BeastmodeAg
AG
After I leveled my 15' Sierra my lights were in the sky... had to lower them for me to see and I'm sure others didn't like how high they were lol
BigRobSA
Just get a brotastic LED bar, or a couple. Problem...solved.
permabull
AG
Justified
Sounds like something I'll need to correct once the level is complete. And maybe I should proof read before posting.
Now, should just use the garage door to adjust the lights? And what would be a good distance to start with?
BeastmodeAg
AG
Use your garage and lower them a few turns, go for a drive a night and see if they need further lowering
The Wonderer
AG
Mark a spot on your driveway and mark where the top of your lights hit on your garage door with a grease pencil. Finish your lift and then put your truck at the same mark and adjust your headlights down until you are at the same height as your pre-lifted mark.

Or do this:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a257/1347221/
yestoast
Or don't adjust them at all and instead when people flash you politely at night, turn on both your brights and light bar(s) to show them what's up. No one flashes you!
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
After my jeep was leveled it looked like my low beams were high beams. Other drivers would flash their lights at me because I was blinding them. Lower them a little after you get it installed.
This happens in my regular non-lifted truck all the time. People are dumb.
bam02
AG
Sounds like you need to adjust your lights.
Buck Compton
AG
Not at all. I compared them to my 2000 ranch truck and they're the exact same angle, just brighter due to LED. I could point them straight down for people, but then they wouldn't do me very much good, now would they?

My truck is bone stock 2016 f150. It dealt need adjustment. HTH.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.