Thanks 1ags

3,537 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieStout
AggieStout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After what seemed like a long wait, I finally got the call that my truck was ready for pickup. Drove down yesterday to pick it up. 2016 King Ranch in green gem with BOOST. [img][/img]
[img][/img]
87IE
1agswitchin4lanes
AggieStout
AG
What do yall recommend for a bed lock. I need to get one. Should i just get one from Ford?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
What do yall recommend for a bed lock. I need to get one. Should i just get one from Ford?
The tailgate should lock....
Lynch
I think the more important question for 1ags is whether TV will sell that Gt350 for msrp?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
I think the more important question for 1ags is whether TV will sell that Gt350 for msrp?
Not even for me....
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
What are you talking about?

A tailgate lock? If so, like said above, your tailgate has a lock, but I also recommend using a hose clamp on the passenger side like shown below. Same as the other locks, but only about $1.50 at Lowe's or HD.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
quote:

A tailgate lock? If so, like said above, your tailgate has a lock, but I also recommend using a hose clamp on the passenger side like shown below. Same as the other locks, but only about $1.50 at Lowe's or HD.

I do this to all my trucks. Then put a label inside the bed by the tail light "U Mad bro?"
aTm2004
AG
Please educate me...how does that prevent theft?
Dr. Venkman
AG
Does thief have a screw driver? Even if he did, would you want to spend the time getting that off or move on?
vansprinkle
AG
quote:

Without that clamp, all a thief has to do is lower your tailgate, unhook the cables, and pull up in that corner. The tailgate slides out of the holder and the left slide then slips out. Literally takes 15 seconds.

That clamp at least makes it more effort. Hopefully more effort than they want to put into it. Also, I attached my hose clamp with the screw down on the bottom, so you have to lay down and get a screw driver through the gap in the bumper and bed to access it. Just a little more PIA for a would be thief.

Do 2016s have auto locking tailgates? My brother and I installed door actuators on our tailgate locks so now They lock and unlock electronically with the rest of our doors.
AggieStout
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah this is what the guy was telling me to do. The tailgate locks but I want to make double sure by doing something like this. There are locks you can buy that do the same thing. Was just wondering if I should go hose clamp route or buy one of the locks?
KY AG
AG
That green gem...phenomenal. Love that color.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Hose clamp will take longer to get off than breaking a lock does
AggieStout
AG
quote:
Hose clamp will take longer to get off than breaking a lock does
Hose clamp it is then. Ill get one tonight and put it on.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
quote:

Without that clamp, all a thief has to do is lower your tailgate, unhook the cables, and pull up in that corner. The tailgate slides out of the holder and the left slide then slips out. Literally takes 15 seconds.

That clamp at least makes it more effort. Hopefully more effort than they want to put into it. Also, I attached my hose clamp with the screw down on the bottom, so you have to lay down and get a screw driver through the gap in the bumper and bed to access it. Just a little more PIA for a would be thief.

Do 2016s have auto locking tailgates? My brother and I installed door actuators on our tailgate locks so now They lock and unlock electronically with the rest of our doors.
THIS.

I did with the screw facing down as well.

Some trim levels have auto locking gates. Only high zoot trims though.

The big thing as I have stated before, is that time is a thief's enemy. The more time they are exposed stealing something, the higher the chances of being seen.

A normal tailgate not locked or clamped is less than a one minute walk off.

A locked gate then a clamp may delay him up to 5 minutes. good chance of mall security, a neighbor, a cop, another thief etc.

Same with wheel locks. Doesnt stop them, if they REALLY want them, they;ll get them. But its a PITA to deal with the wheel lock, finding the key or busting the lock off. Makes noise, wastes time.

JimmiJammer? Slows them down, more BS to deal with sometimes the sticker itself is theft deterrent enough.

txag2008
AG
I have this one on mine

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D1FFVKK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OldArmy71
AG
I have an XLT the same color, and I like it a lot. I wonder why Ford decided to discontinue the color?
OldArmy71
AG
What size hose clamp?
Texas Tea
AG
Congrats on the truck. That's the exact color scheme I wanted.
The Wonderer
AG
3" or 4"
OldArmy71
AG
Thanks!
AggieStout
AG
quote:
Congrats on the truck. That's the exact color scheme I wanted.

Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.