Need recommendations for automotive audio repair/install shop in Dallas

1,047 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rgarza35
rgarza35
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 2008 Volvo XC 90 audio system went kaput. AM/ FM1/ FM 2 Tuner, 6 CD changer, & aux. input.
Looking for OEM replacement or aftermarket upgrades.

Dealers wants $1500.00 for OEM replacement, yeah right!

TIA
AG
That price quote was probably their polite way of saying we don't want to work on it Car-part.com and get the vin. I don't know volvos, but you may need a radio code from the dealer
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Whats dead? the head unit?

http://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/authorized-service-oem-volvo-radios-6870/

http://xemodex.com/us/product/infotainment-control-module-for-volvo/
JMGaggie
AG
Dalworth on the Boulveard
3225 Irving blvd
Dallas, TX
214-630-2497

Give them a call, pretty knowleadgable, we use them for any audio/stereo issues in class 6-8 trucks.
rgarza35
AG
On the advice of our local regular favorite body shop ( 3 teen drivers, don't ask!), I went to;

Factory Repair Services
1303 Columbia Dr. Suite 201
Richardson, TX.75081
972-690-8115
Website

The unit would power up but the tuner and 6 CD changer would not work. He disconnected the battery cable from the negative terminal, waited 10 minutes and reconnected it. The FM1/FM2 band in the tuner and 6 CD changer worked fine, but the AM band was still not working. He suspects the failure of the AM band in the tuner caused a voltage drop and somehow disabled the other features of the infotainment module.

He priced buying a new replacement tuner vs. a salvaged infotainment module. The salvaged infotainment module was cheaper. He installed it in less than hour. $200.00 for the parts and labor.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.