Purchasing new vehicles

2,238 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cz308
cz308
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Instead of looking to buy a used Tundra, we are now going to start looking at new ones. What kind of wiggle room do dealerships have if they are listing the msrp at 40k? Are they able to come off that number or is it a firm number?
Furlock Bones
AG
never start at msrp. look up the invoice price.
crowman2010
AG
quote:
never start at msrp. look up the invoice price.
How does one achieve this? Please tell me
mm98
AG
Edmunds or Cars.com

With Toyota, it is harder to find the true invoice though with Gulf States Toyota and their add-ons.

I'd contact aggiepaintrain or RepoAg on this board.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
Edmunds or Cars.com

With Toyota, it is harder to find the true invoice though with Gulf States Toyota and their add-ons.

X2
reproag
AG
quote:
Edmunds or Cars.com

Just ask
Mookie
AG
Go to true car to get the starting point.
maverick12
AG
I would say True Car is an okay place to start, but don't stop there. Use your the internet and your imagination. When we bought our Jeep GC, I found a thread on a forum that had literally hundreds of pages of what people had actually paid. We ended up getting ours for 5.5% under invoice which was lower than True Car data suggested.
crowman2010
AG
quote:
quote:
Edmunds or Cars.com

Just ask
Repro or AggiePainTrain

Can you guys email me please, crowag2010 at yahoo

Need help on leasing a Tundra.
reproag
AG
email sent
JP76
You should be able to get the drive out price at ~92-94% of the Msrp depending on how motivated the manager is.
cz308
Thanks. We'll see if they want to negotiate or not. Luckily, we are not in a huge hurry, so we can most certainly shop around.
Hobbes01
AG
Before my wife totaled our '02 Tundra, I was very active on Tundra Solutions. I am sure there are threads there discussing what people paid for Tundras, and probably many other Toyota models as well. I believe there were also some Toyota dealers that had sponsorships through the site that had solid reputations for selling folks Tundras at very competitive prices with no hassle - just had to mention that you found their name on Tundra Solutions. Great site, very helpful people. Too bad I don't need my lifetime membership anymore...

cz308
I am pretty sure I'm about to tell Atkinson to stick it. I called to get some prices (mainly to check on any rebates) and gave them 4 stock numbers. They call back and said they don't have any of those. I guess their website is useless then.

Over-all, probably the worse dealership I've ever dealt with.

Edit: I cannot hold the entire dealership at fault when it was one idiot. I got a new sales guy today that was awesome to work with.
ET1/SS Aggie
AG
I tried the Atkinson route.....went in there twice and asked for prices and got the let me talk to my manager routine and never got a price. After the second time I wised up and called Buck at Tegeler. I drove over just to check out a used Tundra and he made me a deal on a brand new one that I drove home that day. The same deal he makes all the people on this board. I will always give him a chance first since it's so easy.
Naveronski
AG
One bad apple and all that.

That said, I've had APT's contact coordinate buying both of our vehicles, as well as a service issue, and he's been awesome.

Unfortunately sounds like you got the "common" experience that everyone hates.

If you're still interested, contact APT or reproag.
idAg09
What'd you get?
cz308
quote:
One bad apple and all that.

That said, I've had APT's contact coordinate buying both of our vehicles, as well as a service issue, and he's been awesome.

Unfortunately sounds like you got the "common" experience that everyone hates.

If you're still interested, contact APT or reproag.
One bad apple as in that guy yes. There are more issues with him that were not listed. First off, lying to me up front on the MPG on a used truck we looked at. He tried telling me that the 2015 4.6 double cab was getting 24 to 25 mpg on the hwy, and the roller switch for the aiming of the headlights, were so you can raise your lights at night so you can see better & further down dark roads.

I of course came home and did my own research and quickly figured out that he was an idiot. Oh, he also promised to call back on prices but would rarely call back, and when he did, he was giving me off the wall vehicles that were not on the list of specifications I requested. By this time the requests were new 2016 5.7 black or dark grey. He came back with used, 2015's, both 4.6 and 5.7, and white. Regardless, today I've moved on.

IdAg09:

I ended up with the 2016 (new) Tundra Crew max TSS 4x4. They found it somewhere, so now it's just a matter of getting it sent here I guess. MPG will suck, but we have a vehicle that gets 34mpg. If we really need to stretch it out on long rides we'll take it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.