Leveling Kit for 2006 2wd Crew Cab Silverado 1500

6,715 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by fighterpilot
Ogre09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a leveling kit for my truck to bring the front end up some, I don't like how low it sits now. Any suggestions?
JB
AG
It won't make it look like a 4wd. It will look like you tried to level out a 2wd.

My suggestion? Lift the whole thing 3-4", trade it for a 4wd, or keep it stock like it is.

I want to say leveling kits are the same for 2/4wd on the newer model trucks. I just do not think it will look that great.
Silvy
AG
Springtech 2" spacer, they're metal so they ride better and don't sag like polyurethane spacers do.

This is my buddies with said spacers

Another option is to install a 3" spindle and a slightly larger block in the back.
Silvy
AG
I found this on the interwebz

3" spindle with a 2" block
KDubAg
AG
I have a 2010 2wd Ram, but you may find yourself in similar situation as me. There's just not a lot of products for 2wd. I initially wanted to level the front end of mine. They have a 1" and 1.5" coil spacer. 1.5" still wouldnt level it up and I didn't want to go thicker because the coil would lose play. I am taking the truck this weekend to get a 4" lift now. Costs a lot more but I'll probably be happier. It's a 4" spindle for the front and 1" spacer for the back. There may be more options for a 2006 Chevy.
big ben
AG
Go with Daystar spacers, and you won't need a coil compression tool, just disconnect the spindle from your upper control arm and lower it down to drop the coil out.

[This message has been edited by big ben (edited 10/26/2011 10:21p).]
Silvy
AG
You mean lower not upper right ben?

That's how I did my coil springs, just lower the LCA very slowly. I'd also recommend at least wrapping a chain around the coil so it won't do very much damage if it does come out unexpectedly.
big ben
AG
Its been so damn long I don't remember exactly.

I am pretty sure I just disconnected the top, then lowered down the lower control arm with spindle attached so it was hanging down and out of my way.

[This message has been edited by big ben (edited 10/26/2011 11:40p).]
fighterpilot
S
Be sure and have it aligned AFTER levelling. If you are driving without passengers more often than not and aren't a beanpole, ask if they can align it with you sitting in the driver's seat.

How big a boy are you?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.