Pontiac G6 Interior Lights Wont Turn On

14,604 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by Mookie
B/CS Dreaming
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Am on the road and rented a G6. There's no manual. I cannot figure out how to turn on the interior lights. Have read that the interior light fuse tends to blow on these cars and I'm trying to figure out if I need to return the car or if I'm just missing some obvious trick to turn the lights on. Any ideas?
FiTxAg04
AG
Is there a dome overide switch next to the headlight knob? Don't know about a G6 specifically, but most GMs have said button.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Should turn on with the doors open, check the dome light switch and see if its on "door" mode.

If you need to turn them on without opening the doors, turn the dimmer switch all the way to 'max' past the detent and it should illuminate the interior lights.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
There's no switch on the dome light. We haven't gotten interior light at any point, doors open or not. I think I've tried every switch connected with lights in every position, and I'm thinking it's the fuse unless I'm missing something else.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
Can you describe what the dome override switch looks like? Thanks.
BigRobSA
If your GM is equipped with it, it will be on the dome light itself. You'll see a switch, probably a three position switch, that may/may not be narked as to position meaning.

Assuming you have it and find it, flip it to another position, then open the door. If still nothing, try third position and repeat.

HTH
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I can't beleive you're going through all this trouble for a freakin rental car, but OK.

Look at the headliner, see this dome light to the right of the sunroof??

There are THREE positions. Off, Door, and On.

The dimmer is below the driver side vent on a small oval panel.

BTW, if this is an Avis or Budget rental, the manual is in the trunk well with the spare tire and the extra keys/remote.

[This message has been edited by 1agswitchin4lanes (edited 9/18/2009 8:38a).]
Mookie
AG
push this:

and ask.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.