Realtor in Temple

2,580 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GIF Reactor
TwoTimeAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Friend is looking for a Temple Realtor recommendation for buying a house plus any neighborhood recommendations.
mazzag
AG
I really miss my popcorn emoji. I can't really recommend either without knowing if kids are involved, ages, interests, etc...
Lots of great neighborhoods in the Temple/Belton metroplex with Salado, Academy & Troy close by for a short commute. Guy Fowler at Rodney Dunn's office is a good realtor but it's easier to narrow down the bad ones than the good ones.
mazzag
AG
We really don't have area specific realtors. They are all members of one MLS.
TennAg
Agreed on Guy. He knows the market pretty well and has a lot of experience.
TshirtVulture
I agree with Guy recommendation and I also like Tricia Jones who also happens to be at Dunn's.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Teresa McCoy.

http://www.teresamccoy.com
Cowboy1990
Ryan Smith moves more houses than anyone in Temple.
templeton
quote:
which is why I think he refers most of his buyers to his employees IIRC.

For a buyer I like Sherry Smith. A realtor for 20 years, honest to a fault, and wonderfully communicative. Her husband has pastor Liberty Church (formerly Antioch Community Church) in Belton for a long time--maybe 12 years? She's with Better Homes and Gardens. 254-744-3226
Cowboy1990
quote:
quote:
which is why I think he refers most of his buyers to his employees IIRC

All I know is...

About 3 to 4 years ago we listed with Mark Mauler. House sat on the market for about 6 months. Switched to Smith and sold in about 8-9 weeks.

Now, Smith listed it for a little less and also had us put in new carpet and repaint the interior, so who knows if that made a difference or not. Also, when under first realtor we were still living in the home but it was vacant under Smith.

I'm not necessarily endorsing or putting down either one. Just listing facts from our eperience.
Cowboy1990
I'll also say whoever the "hot" realtor in Temple is seems to go through stages....

For example there was a woman (was with Remax but I can't recall her name) that seemed to really be in the lead with listing turning over. Then all of a sudden it appeared Mauler was getting all the listings and turning them over. Then Smith seemed to step in and dominate the market.

There are some that have been in the area forever and maintained a good reputation such as Fowler, etc. Again, no knocks against one or the other. Just my personal observations.
mazzag
AG
Ag In Texas
AG
My house is going on the market Monday next week. It is in South Temple between 31st Street and 5th Street. Just under 1,900 sf.
Zamacuco
Wyndham Hill in south Temple is nice. Academy ISD and a private neighborhood park.
Gnome Sockinabout
Julie Tanner is new but really fantastic! She knows how to move even ugly houses.
OutdoorAg
AG
quote:
Julie Tanner is new but really fantastic! She knows how to move even ugly houses.

Hi Mr Tanner!
mel99
AG
Cowboy1990
quote:
I don't know how popular Ryan Smith is right now.

Why's that? Honestly haven't heard anything but don't reside in that area anymore.
mel99
AG
Cowboy1990
quote:
I heard he's in the middle of a messy divorce and leaving his wife for her best friend.

Ouch!
templeton
dayummmm mel. these are real people with real lives and real feelings. do you even golden rule???
mel99
AG
You're probably right. I'll delete my comment.
c-jags
GIF Reactor
AG
Guess I missed the fireworks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.