What's going up across from Scott & White?

10,279 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mazzag
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry about your experience, but it could be a script for a Seinfeld episode.
c-jags
i forgot the kicker. i 100% am not making this part up.

my fortune cookie said "adapt to circumstances to make room for progress."

could definitely be a side plot on a sitcom.
Captain Pablo
AG
c-jags said:

i forgot the kicker. i 100% am not making this part up.

my fortune cookie said "adapt to circumstances to make room for progress."

could definitely be a side plot on a sitcom.

Haha
Captain Pablo
AG
Went to mod yesterday

Not bad

Cheap
c-jags
Rosa's opens tomorrow if anybody cares.
c-jags
So we went today. I wasn't thrilled but my family really wanted to. I grew up in Angelo going every week, however my wife learned to love it when she was there in college so she was super excited.

I was amazed how efficient they were for a Sunday crowd on the first weekend. Plenty of seating, no wait for food.
Cowboy1990
tried out Canes today for the first time. Chicken was outstanding. Fries were good. Sauce was ok. I'd go again. Decent value for the money.
mazzag
AG
So far I'm not impressed with the wait time for take out at Mama Fu's. And I'm ticked that the girl at the register could have told me if I ordered a large edamame vs a small, I get $2off. It's been 27 minutes since I ordered. IMO ridiculous.
c-jags
I won't go back.
mazzag
AG
A friend had a similar experience to yours. Her and her husband went to dine in on the weekend. Had to wait to be seated. They sat folks with 3 or more before the 2 of them and they had been waiting longer. Left and will never return.
c-jags
i seem to hear a lot of bad things about their service, but not their food. maybe takeout is the better option. we don't have a lot of good asian choices in Temple, so i hate for one to come and go.

i'd honestly been happier with a panda express. i at least know what i'm getting when i go there.
mazzag
AG
Looked back at the OP. I don't think a surgical center was ever built. Just upscale fast food. And another apartment complex back behind the new Freddie's.
docaggie
AG
No surgical center was planned for that area.
The Surgical Sciences Building is the construction project on the back side of the hospital, where the cranes are.
When completed (in about a year, barring more delays) it'll expand the number of ORs and increase the sizes of the preop and recovery areas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mazzag
AG
Oh that makes sense because a S&W surgical center coming soon sign was there when all the clearing was going on. And the contractor we haul equipment for used s$w surgical center as the destination point. But now it's apartments and fast food.
mazzag
AG
I despise s$w as much as I do BISD. But that's too big of an elephant. My 2 cents. It's no wonder that service is poor. This area does not have the just above minimum wage labor pool to choose from.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.