Waco ISD?

3,026 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
3rd Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what is up with the board hiring a law firm to investigate university high? Sounds serious.
petey88

saw that broadcast on noon news, usually mute local news because it is sickening,

sold my house in 2007. Didn't want to be anywhere near
EMY92
AG
Apparently, they were allowing some students to retake non-standardized tests in order to pass.
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
and LOTS of media time and hoopla this May over 100% passing
LawCC
AG
No way they had 100% passing, None. At all. TEA will be getting involved as well it looks like. I Know an AP that left over it. Really a bad deal
pining for the fjords
Just noticed this thread and thought I would comment. Prior to this past year, University had made great strides in getting things turned in the right direction. Testing scores were going up and behavior issues were waaaaaay down. UHS had an outstanding administrative team, led by an Aggie, and a dedicated and talented faculty. Everyone worked together to try and provide an excellent learning environment for the students. At the beginning of last year, the district brought on a new principal to replace Dr. Shepard. He was asked to take over UHS's lone feeder school and get it on track. The thinking was that this would only help the already rapidly improving situation at the high school.

Unfortunately, the individual they brought in to take over turned out to be a complete disaster. This individual, along with a couple of others, is now gone and Dr. Shepard has been brought back in to clean up the mess. Had this individual been allowed to remain, UHS would have experienced a 30%-40% turnover in their faculty. There would have been a mass exodus.

I'll leave it at that. Please know there are good people, many of whom are Aggies, working very hard to educate the youth in our community. It's a shame that something like this happened and sabotaged a narrative that so many were working to change.

Gig'em

3rd Generation Ag
AG
That is good to know.
45-70Ag
AG
Dr. Shepard is good dude and seems to be a kind of fix it guy for wisd. Every time he tries to retire they send him to put out another fire.
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
University HS is making the news again...their claimed 100% pass rate for last springs's Sr students might have been "worked on"
HollywoodBQ
AG
It sounds like they've terminated some of the folks who needed to be terminated in order to correct the travesty that took place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.