Waco people?

3,888 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by lilsportag02
3rd Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the conversation in the town about the Baylor problems?
Captain Pablo
AG
If.they are baylol fans or alum, the topic is the great witch hunt of 2016
EMY92
AG
I talked to some neighbors who are Baylor fans, but I don't think they're alumni. They thought Starr and the AD should be gone as well.

Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
I talked to some neighbors who are Baylor fans, but I don't think they're alumni. They thought Starr and the AD should be gone as well.

Well, if they are thinking rationally, they should think that. And probably a lot of others as well, including assistant coaches and any administrator who had knowledge of this and didn't do anything.

I will say, there are some exceptions to what I stated above. I think in time, most Baylor alum will agree that Briles was a scumbag that created a culture of enabling and impunity. And it hurt a lot of women.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Who I have spoken with ( 2 grads, 1 Tshirt fan)...

1 grad very melancholy and disappointed in his school/team. He is a good friend and great guy.

1 grad has only said.. " not now, I just can't." He is good guy and great friend as well. Hell, he has been predicting a natty for BU since 2007 when I met him. A bit delusional, sure... But loves his school and seems generally hurt by everything thats transpired.

Tshirt fan -- blah blah blah, witch hunt, school is just making a statement to end this and move forward..Nothing happened, media made SJW conspiracy, etc etc. look at your stupid Aggies, glass houses, down thing about no control in locker room Etc etc
747Ag
AG
Two grads at work. Both think that if nothing illegal was done, no coaches needed to be fired.

mazzag
AG
But seriously, will baylors fall back into 3 win seasons hurt the Waco economy? I suspect the looming NCAA sanctions and Dept of Education fines would deter a good coach and good players from going there.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
quote:
But seriously, will baylors fall back into 3 win seasons hurt the Waco economy? I suspect the looming NCAA sanctions and Dept of Education fines would deter a good coach and good players from going there.

Theres no need to fear. Chip and Joanna can take on the challenge of BU football fixer upper

Replace the faux brick in mclane stadium with shiplap and all will be well
747Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Theres no need to fear. Chip and Joanna can take on the challenge of BU football fixer upper

They'll even bring in new coaches for the unveiling, but it'll cost BU $25M to keep them.
EMY92
AG
quote:
quote:

I think I saw where 25,000 out of towners a week come to Waco to visit their shop. So in 3 months, that's more than Baylor can bring to town with 6 home football games assuming only out of towners go to the games.
rather be fishing
AG
I heard Chip Gaines for HC and Joanna as DC was almost certain. Just have to wait for some things to settle.
petey88

well, I'm not a waco people now, and will never be again. One baylro supporter I know or care to talk to, has gone dead silent.

Of course, he is a high school drop out.

Couple of years ago, the moron was bragging to all about driving to waco for an Art Briles book signing, standing in line, getting book signed, and proclaiming briles is a genius.

Pretty much says it all. The starr firing, he was mouthing off about it was a smart move, "save Briles".

Next day, the rest of the story

c-jags
I talked to a couple in Temple that are die hard and they went into Waco the other night and they said it was the deadest they've ever seen at George's. Just 0 spirit in the place.
HollywoodBQ
AG
My dad is the biggest Waco/Baylor Homer there is (except for one HS buddy of EMY92 and myself). Dad hasn't said anything so I'll have to see if I can't steer the conversation in that direction the next time I speak with him.
A few months ago, my minimum wage brother was bragging about meeting Oakman and getting his autograph. Haven't heard any more of story that lately.
f2foxes2001
AG
This stuff has been festering for a long time. The baptist elite have been so hungry for a wiener, I mean winner, since they forced grunt tuff out for going 8-3 every year; that they looked the other way. Many of the the righteous felt that these gals should take the Clayton Williams approach. Bring on the shiplap!
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Had a convo with another t shirt fan... I almost walked away in disgust. Pretty much the blind faith line of blaming the girls... "Well, it's really the admins fault not Briles. They bring in these rich white girls who've never been exposed to this type of environment with those people. It's just what they do. They just didn't know they could go to a party alone and have drinks and flirt with them and this not happen."

I mean.... Seriously... Pretty much excusing the actions of the football players in the most racist way possible as if it's their way of life to rape girls, and then just saying the girls should have known better than to not expect to be raped at a party... Good grief, if this is the main high process amongst Baylor folk I hope the team burns and never rises from the ashes.
lilsportag02
AG
I work with a bunch of Baylol grads and its been very quiet here. I get the feeling that they are pretty disgusted. However I have a neighbor that is a fair weather fan and he thinks the girls are lying because they want money. I don't talk to that neighbor much......now I see why :-)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.