Taking the daughter fishing...

4,512 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agsalaska
FrAgOlRock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know of a good hole to drop a line and catch a bunch of fish like perch or sun fish around the Temple/Belton area? My little girl is 2.5 and has been asking to go fishing ever since we went camping at Cedar Ridge park a few weeks ago. It took me a solid hour just to catch a single perch but she was so excited. She now has "the bug" and I want the trip to be successful so she keep "the bug".

TIA
Captain Pablo
AG
For perch and Sunfish, you may have better luck at a pond. There is one at Temple Lions Park, but I don't know how good the fishing is there. One thing that might be exciting is throwing some dough bait into Nolan Creek behind the Gin and catching a 5 pound carp. Nasty fish, but your kid will never forget it! Otherwise, throwing jigs around the Highway 36 Bridge or other protected areas might get you some crappie or white bass. Although ideally, you would have tried that back in April
Astrobo
AG
Go to the lake behind the clubhouse at Sammons Golf Course. The old country club building by the KC Hall. They have a pier back there and it is nice area. Don't know if you will catch anything, but it is a good spot to take a youngster.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Go to the lake behind the clubhouse at Sammons Golf Course. The old country club building by the KC Hall. They have a pier back there and it is nice area. Don't know if you will catch anything, but it is a good spot to take a youngster.

Yes, that is a good suggestion. There's bound to be at least some perch in there
c-jags
We took a group of kids to Miller park and threw some worms in. Caught about 15 TINY perch.

Nothing to be impressed with but you'll get bites for sure. Just use small hooks.
FrAgOlRock
AG
Thanks so much for all the recommendations! I'll give it a shot.
Captain Pablo
AG
All of those places would be fine.. and yes, tiny hooks, and just a piece of the worm
agsalaska
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes, that is a good suggestion. There's bound to be at least some perch in there

I was playing golf there a couple of weeks ago and saw two kids each with 4+ pound bass.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.