Belton/Temple mechanic recommendation

1,315 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jejdag
jejdag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got a potential problem with my truck (I'm thinking either PS pump or water pump), so I called M&B and Jones yesterday for a diagnosis. Neither of them can do it until probably Monday. I'm going on vacation the end of next week and would like to know something/have it fixed before then. Who do y'all recommend?
legett78
AG
Adrian's Garage on S. 31st. Always fair, quick, and reasonably priced.
Cowboy1990
Wes's Auto Clinic. Good people and his wife is an Aggie
jejdag
Thanks, y'all! Gonna see Wes' first (closer to home) then Adrian if it's quicker.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Frost automotive does good work too, at least that I remember from a few years ago
c-jags
Wiesner, M&B, or Wes'

Wiesner and Wes' can usually get to me sooner.
DMK
AG
Wisener's has been excellent for us. Gets us in quickly, doesn't try to up sell me, and their prices are fair. We use the clinic on avenue M but I hear their other location is good, too.
Goose812
AG
Kip's Automotive, 117 N. 8th Street, Temple 774-9222

Kip has always done an excellent job on my vehicles. He is reasonable and honest.
c-jags
glad to see that a lot of people are happy with their (several) mechanics instead of a whole bunch of "don't use this guy."
jejdag
Went to Wes and we (I'd about concluded it was the alternator after the old screwdriver to the ear trick) agreed that the alternator needed replacing. However, they weren't going to be able to get to it until late this week, and I'm headed out for vacation on Friday, so I did it myself. They didn't mind that, as they were booked up with plenty of work. He did get a kick out of the fact that I came to see him because of a recommendation on TexAgs because of his wife being an Aggie. I'll definitely give him a call the next time I need some mechanic work done.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.