Aransas Pass

3,458 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by will.mcg
Brush Country Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any Aransas Pass Ags around ? I figure two weeks with no activity is long enough !
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Portland
will.mcg
AG
I used to live there. Still own our house there & frequent the Bakery cafe when I am in town for work. We moved "oh so far away" to Corpus. What's going in in AP?
Brush Country Ag
AG
Still lots of water running off . Mosquitoes are thriving !!
Mark Fairchild
AG
Howdy, Rockport here. LOTS of water, more on the way, mosquitos RAMPANT!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Brush Country Ag
AG
City of AP was fogging our neighborhood the other evening. I am sure that is happening all,around the area...I had just taken some food,off the grill when they came through...good,timing.
halfastros81
AG
I'm not from the area but I spent the last 2 weekends there and I'm thinking about retiring there. I had to laugh at the mosquito comments. The times I have been there the wind was blowing so hard that I saw exactly ZERO mosqitoes I'm sure IF the wind ever stops blowing it gets bad but does the wind ever really stop blowing?

What do ya'll have to pay for Windstorm and Flood Insurance premiums for Waterfront properties in Aransas County/San Patricio County? I tried to get this info on the Real Estate Board with no luck. I'm just trying to get a general idea so I'll know how to factor that info into a retirement plan.

One other question . At City by the Sea I noticed a pervasive odor. I assumed the smell was coming from the oilfield facility just to the South. I'm not sure if that's an offshore pipeline receiving station or a saltwater disposal facility or maybe both. Is that really what the smell is or is it something else?
Brush Country Ag
AG
Yep..wind is a pain for fishermen, but does help with the bugs. Insurance varies depending on price of house and location. We have a levee that offers some protection, so my flood insurance is reasonable...about $500/yr. Windstorm runs much higher..mine is approximately $6K. You can find cheaper by shopping...I run all my stuff through USAA, and it is a little higher.
halfastros81
AG
Thanks for the reply Brush Country. That's good info. Is your property waterfront?
Brush Country Ag
AG
Yes sir.
will.mcg
AG
quote:
I'm not from the area but I spent the last 2 weekends there and I'm thinking about retiring there. I had to laugh at the mosquito comments. The times I have been there the wind was blowing so hard that I saw exactly ZERO mosqitoes I'm sure IF the wind ever stops blowing it gets bad but does the wind ever really stop blowing?

What do ya'll have to pay for Windstorm and Flood Insurance premiums for Waterfront properties in Aransas County/San Patricio County? I tried to get this info on the Real Estate Board with no luck. I'm just trying to get a general idea so I'll know how to factor that info into a retirement plan.

One other question . At City by the Sea I noticed a pervasive odor. I assumed the smell was coming from the oilfield facility just to the South. I'm not sure if that's an offshore pipeline receiving station or a saltwater disposal facility or maybe both. Is that really what the smell is or is it something else?
I would call a local realtor regarding your specific questions. Let me know if you would like a recommendation.

Can you describe said odor? Which oilfield facility are you referring to?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.