Need Vacation Rental Advice!!

2,156 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieDoc2002
chn4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Planning family vacation for in laws anniversary. Which beach/area should we stay at for a few days at the end of June?

While Pointe West Resort seemed appealing, it feels too far from Galevston life and we want easy access to activities, restaurants, etc. Plus we are coming from DFW and an extra 30 minutes PAST the heart of Galveston is not ideal. But we def want to stay on/near the beach.

There are 16 of us total and it looks like all the big beachfronts on VRBO are booked. So, we'd like to break up the party and rent 2 condos/houses that sleep 8-10 a piece. Budget is $1K or less per night total.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
WestGalvestonAggie
Pointe West is far, but it's an easy drive. They also have, by far, the best beach on the island. I wouldn't worry much about the drive in to town, it's really not that bad.
chn4
.....did I mentioned we have a 4 year old, 1 year old, and infant traveling with us??? MINIMIZING AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE haha
Tursiops93
AG
In case you weren't aware, Galveston just invested in building up all the beaches along the Seawall, so there should be good beach anywhere along the Seawall now. I haven't been to see it in person, but it was reported on.
AggieDoc2002
AG
After renting at Pointe West for 3 years, we caved in and bought 2 yeas ago. You really can't beat it with young kids. With 2 pools and an on site restaurant, there's really no need to leave.

If you do choose to trek to Galveston, the drive is the perfect length of time to let the little ones get a nap in between a morning of pool and beach, and an afternoon/evening out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.