Steak in Corpus or surrounding area

2,424 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by lazuras_dc
Aggie_Boomin 21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Taking a girl on a date within the next few weeks in Corpus and I want to know what y'all consider the best steak house in the area. Price is not a concern. I know about Niko's and it's decent, but is there any where undeniably better? Thanks!
Brush Country Ag
AG
The Republic ..haven't been there, but hear it's nice especially if $$ is not a concern,
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
I haven't been there either, but I've heard mixed reviews about it. I think a lot of people go there in a pretentious sort of way. Thanks for the response!
Brush Country Ag
AG
You might also check out Katz 21. Haven't been there, either, but have heard it's pretty good.
SanAntonioAg09
CC native and live here now.

No to Nikos, no to Republic, no to Katz. If I had to choose between those three I would say Republic.

Make the drive to Black Sheep Bistro out towards Port A. It won't be but 15-20 minutes.

Mamma Mia's makes an excellent steak but I believe it is a special and may not be every night. And I've heard they may close very soon so don't know if they'll be open when you have the date.

SanAntonioAg09
Though I will add, for a date, the view at Republic is excellent if you get a table facing the water, if that factors in. Black Sheep is smaller and not as "fancy"
Splitag
AG
I am a fairly new resident of Corpus, and I have dined at the Republic twice. I have been pleased with both of my trips there, and would say it is quality for the price. Having also been to Nikos, I wouldn't qualify the two offerings in the same category. As has been stated, you really can't beat the view at Republic either. Katz 21 is on the to-do list for me.
McCoveysCove
Republic for the atmosphere. Katz is Ok. As is Nilko's. Katz>Niko's
lazuras_dc
AG
Donyvon is correct

Republic has great atmosphere and food is good.
Katz has a "fancy" atmosphere and food is just ok for the price.
Nikos atmosphere is nothing to write home about but the food is ok at a better price point than Katz.

Bleu Bistro is also nice- but not a steak house but definitely a good date spot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.