Dibol red light ticket

3,692 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by suburban cowboy
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just got a red light violation in the mail from Dibol. I cannot dispute that I ran the light - all the photos and the video are crystal clear that I flat out ran that light.

What I don't recall seeing is signage indicating the presence of the cameras, such as found in Sugar Land, for instance. Any one know if such signage is present (I live in Katy and don't go through here very often).

Again, not disputing this, just curious.
Ags06Win
AG
Don't have to pay it... Violation of TX State Constitution.. All they can do is file with a collections company

But, red light citations CANNOT legally be on your credit report!
AsburyAg
AG
I was down that way a few weeks ago driving up from Houston and I seem to remember that there was one south of town. I had not driven south on 59 on the first leg of the journey, so I can't verify any signs to the north of town. I was surprised to see the sign on the south. I gather it is relatively new, as I go to Houston 2 or 3 times a year.
PawPaw Aggie
AG
I just got one from dibol also. What I remember is light was green, then yellow as I got close then immediately red then a flash. I think it's rigged. Don't know if I will pay it or not.
aggiedent
AG
Unlike Harris County, I'm fairly sure Angelina County does ask the state to block vehicle registration for unpaid red light tickets.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
aggiedent said:

Unlike Harris County, I'm fairly sure Angelina County does ask the state to block vehicle registration for unpaid red light tickets.
Yes, the notice did have some verbiage to this effect. I paid the ticket since the video was clear that I ran the light. I just don't recall any signage in the area indicating the presence of these silly red light cameras.
aggiedent
AG
My wife's from Diboll and her parents now live in Lufkin. In fact, we were in Diboll last weekend for her class reunion and Diboll day. All the times I been to & through Diboll, I can't say I've ever noticed a sign for red light cameras.

I did notice a bunch of DPS along the northern part of 59, driving up from Houston.
suburban cowboy
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.