Shoe Shine.....

2,695 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Josepi
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know of one in Longview/Tyler? There used to be one at the car wash on McCann across from The Butcher Shop, but he's quit/moved.

Anyone know of any others in car washes or office buildings in Gregg or Smith?
OregonAggie
AG
I know there's a guy at the Gateway Travel plaza gas station off 259 in Henderson. He's in Henderson Th-Saturday and also goes to a couple dealerships in Tyler/Longview on Monday-Wednesday. I'm going through there Thursday so I'll ask him where he is in Tyler. He did my boots a month ago and did great.
Stive
AG
quote:
I know there's a guy at the Gateway Travel plaza gas station off 259 in Henderson. He's in Henderson Th-Saturday and also goes to a couple dealerships in Tyler/Longview on Monday-Wednesday. I'm going through there Thursday so I'll ask him where he is in Tyler. He did my boots a month ago and did great.
That'd be awesome! Thanks.
Owlagdad
Guy comes to office in Tyler and shines.I will ask where he is rest of time.
Stive
AG
Thanks! That'd be helpful and I might be interested in him coming by my office once per week.
AggieGunslinger
AG
There is a guy shining shoes every Thursday at Cailynths photography place on the square in Tyler. I am actually going to run some of mine down there this week.
OregonAggie
AG
Here's what I got out of him today when he did my boots in Henderson. He's kinda hard to understand but he's a super nice man.

Monday's in Tyler - Crown motors around 9am in Tyler then Peltier Nissan.

Tuesday in Longview - Starts at the Volkswagen dealer, and works his way around town. I bet he'd be interested in stopping by your office once a week if you asked.

He did a great job on my boots by the way!
Stive
AG
I'll try to catch him at Crown on Monday and see if he'll stop by my office in the future....I'm not far from that dealership and it wouldn't be out of his way.
jickyjack1
Robert at the barber shop in the shopping center at Front and Beckham is a great guy, knows what he's doing (50+ years) and is there Tuesday thru Saturday. He shines some of the best shoes and boots in Tyler.

Many of his customers drop their foot leather off. When they pick them up, they've gone from dull to lustre.
Stive
AG
quote:
Robert at the barber shop in the shopping center at Front and Beckham is a great guy, knows what he's doing (50+ years) and is there Tuesday thru Saturday. He shines some of the best shoes and boots in Tyler.

Many of his customers drop their foot leather off. When they pick them up, they've gone from dull to lustre.

He can't do same day and usually takes a week plus to get things back.

No can do.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:

I moonlight at a dealership in Henderson and see this guy a lot. Small world.
Owlagdad
Old black guy named Leon is our guy in Tyler. I told him about you. He said to come by, and leave your shoes on Friday or Monday--or just a thought, if go by, leave your card and address with receptionist, and I bet he will get on his bicycle and come to your office.
I think it is kind of a ministry to help him , and he does good work. Email me, at mossyowl@yahoo.com and I will give you our office address, on Old Bullard.
Josepi
AG
Every time I see this thread I think of the "Now go home and get your f****** shine box" scene from Goodfellas. Love that scene.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.