Lindale tornado

2,310 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggiegeog
aggiegeog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am in Hideaway and not much damage that I have seen here. Parts of Lindale and areas NE of here has major damage. Hibbet Sports took a direct hit along with many residential areas and farms.
Stive
AG
Glad you're ok.

Most of the docks and boathouses on Lakr Tyler are full of water this morning. Water went up several feet last night on an already full lake.

A ton of water fell from the sky last night.
aggiegeog
AG
Latest info from NWS SHV on Friday's storms is 8 tornados in E TX. 3 EF-2s and 5 EF-1s. The EF-2s were the one which hit the Hibbett Sports in Lindale, a 27 mile long almost 2 mile wide multi vortex tornado which resulted in much damage on the eastern side of Lindale and moved NE into Upshur Co. And the last was near Alto. The EF-1s occurred late Friday night mostly in rural far E TX.
shAGgin wAGgin
AG
We are off 2710 about a mile out from the Lindale High School. The clean up in this area is going to take some time but luckily no one was seriously hurt. We didnt get any damage to our house or a single tree on our property but there arent that many on either side of that had the same luck. The odd thing is how often this has happened over the last year. I think this is the third time since last October that we had to take shelter and watch funnel clouds coming over the tree line behind our house.
AggieEE2002
AG
We're near 16 and 4104 just across the road from where the cell tower collapsed. We lost probably half our big oaks, and the ones that are left have large branches still hung up. Can anybody recommend a tree guy that can help me figure out which ones might make it and which ones just need to come down?
tx.agg.96
AG
City of Tyler's Arborist lives in lindale, he might do it. Otherwise, I use Ryan Banek he is a certified arborist with Sunnybrook Tree Service.
AggieEE2002
AG
Thanks
aggiegeog
AG
I drove down 2710 (the part between Dal SHV Hwy and 14) over the weekend, the tree damage is very impressive for a good stretch. Amazing how little structural damage there is thankfully.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.