Nacogdoches Restaurant and Bar recommendations?

3,061 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by OregonAggie
TexasAggie89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to be in Nacogdoches with friends in a couple of weeks

Any recommendations for good dining and drinks?

Thanks in advance
TexasAggie89
Lufkin recommendations would be welcome as well
Esteban du Plantier
suprafly03
AG
I'd bet there is an Applebee's.
Stive
AG
Paging Nactown Aggie!
nactownag
AG
Hey there. Well there's a few good spots.

Italian: Antipastas or Napolis. Antipastas is a good atmosphere with great food. Napolis is more casual (it's BYOB too which is good) and the food is awesome.

Mexican: Probably jalapeno tree

BBQ: The BBQ House by Lowes. Get the beef and link po boy. You'll thank me later.

Drinks: This is a tough one because they are renovating the hotel bar right now which is normally my go to. The liberty bell in downtown is probably the most popular option even though I personally really don't care for the owner. This is the more "sophisticated" bar. Another option if you're looking for the college scene is flashback caf. You could also check out bullfrogs.

Send me a PM if you want to chat.
nactownag
AG
There's also dolly's diner downtown which is good food.

You could also try the general store downtown for lunch. They have an incredible brisket stuffed baked potato.

Both of these options are really neat small town places.
OregonAggie
AG
Lufkin:

Lufkin kinda sucks so there probably won't be many recommendations there. Ralph and Kacoos is pretty good. Manhattan was good the one time I went and I like Restoration Wine Bar...other than the fact they have no liquor.

Nac:

I frequent Maklemore's and Flashback. Mak's has pretty good food and a pretty good beer selection. Flashback is a normal bar with ok food and cheaper drinks. It's nothing special but I just like the place.

Clear springs is a cool spot and I do really like Auntie pastas. Liberty Bell is a great drink spot.

If it's the weekend or a Thursday, checkout Banita Creek's calendar. They have some great shows there!
nactownag
AG
I forgot to mention Maks. That place has good food and cheap drinks.

OregonAggie: You live in Nac?
OregonAggie
AG
No but I'm there for work 1-2 nights per week. I've been going there for the last year.

I love that little town though. Hell I wouldn't mind living there but that isn't in the cards.
nactownag
AG
Lets get a drink or lunch/dinner sometime.
OregonAggie
AG
Heck yeah. I'll let you know the next time I'm down there. I'll definitely be there on the 21st and I plan on seeing the Granger Smith show at Banita
cc10106
Nac: Mike's BBQ

Lufkin: Ray's Drive-In

Those are food recs. As for beverages, Big Thicket Brewing is in Lufkin if you wanna try something local. Not sure beyond that.
Reginald Cousins
S
Maybe it's no longer there, but I can't believe LaCaretta didn't get the nod with one of the best fajita flameadas I've ever had...
Aggie-Stuck-at-SFA
American: Old Towne (deli) or Dolli's (diner) are both great. Worked next door to Old Towne for a few years during school and Dollis is new, but owned by the same lady.

BBQ: Stay away. CC's Smoke House is ok, not much better than ****ey's.

Mexican: La Pasadita. Good authentic (they don't speak English) Mexican food in a whole in the wall bright green gas station.

Drinks/Fun: Banita or Flashbacks
Old Town Ag
AG
Steak fingers at Butcher Boys
OregonAggie
AG
I'll be at Banita tonight for the Granger show and the A&M club muster event. Hopefully you'll be there too.

My name is Jason. Feel free to introduce yourself!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.