Concrete Work

2,739 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AGC
AggieGunslinger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone in Tyler have a contract recommendation or a $/sf cost of a recent pour? I am looking to extend a driveway and expand my patio.
suprafly03
AG
Moss concrete in Whitehouse.

Good guys!
AggieGunslinger
AG
Gracias.
Dro07
AG
Get ready to pay for it. It's running like $25-35 more a cubic yard than Dallas. Reason why some construction prices has gone up.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Got an idea of what a yd is going for these days.
Dro07
AG
creeping up to 130 is what we are currently seeing.
ce1994
AG
If it is $130 per yard it is a steal. It is $150 in Houston
magnumtmp
AG
I'be been paying ~$125/yard in the last year while building my house. I did pay $130 with extra cement in January to improve set time.

I'm north of Tyler about 30 miles, buying from Martin Marietta in Gilmer. I was buying ~30 to 60 yards at a time though.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I don't have too much work to do, probably less than 10yds.

Can't get Moss to call me back so anyone got anymore recommendations before I head to Angie's List?
Stive
AG
I don't have any suggestions for you but good luck right now. This time of year, a job that small is likely going to get bumped due to bigger jobs/paydays, or they're going to charge you a ton. Your best bet is to pray like heck for really good weather for the next 6 weeks (no delays and back ups with the big jobs) and a bit of luck.

Dro07
AG
Bid came in for a project for us yesterday at $123 a cubic yard. Its a rather large project but I guess it gives you somewhat of an idea.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Thanks, I know my project isn't large so the price will be a little higher but that at least gives me a budget idea.
AGC
AG
quote:
I don't have too much work to do, probably less than 10yds.

Can't get Moss to call me back so anyone got anymore recommendations before I head to Angie's List?

Anyone doing construction nearby that's about to pour? Long shot I know, but that's how we found someone to do our back patio years ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.