Abuelos

4,211 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Aggiebrewer
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I couldn't resist considering it's pretty much next door to me but it's been open since Monday and there was about a 30-40 min wait on a Thursday. Don't even want to see what it's like on a Friday or Saturday. Food came out rather quickly considering. About 15-20 after we ordered.

Next order of business is Jack Ryan's but I have to scrap some doe for that one
AggieGunslinger
AG
Abuelos is a big meh for me, can't wait to eat at Jack Ryans though. There was already a review up on Yelp the day it opened.
Josepi
AG
I used to love Abuelos, but the last few times I have been it has been mediocre at best. I'm not too excited about this one.

I am looking forward to Jack Ryans though. By default, it should be the best steakhouse in town.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I ate at an Abuelos in September in Abilene for the first time in 5 years, all the meat was way overcooked and dry.

Anyone interested in Tyler Aggies lunch?
Dumpster Fire
I enjoyed the Chez Bazan group when we lived in Tyler. Good group of Aggies!
AggieGunslinger
AG
Is this a secret club or something because I don't want to part of any group that lets someone like me in.
Dro07
AG
How old are you guys? I don't hang out with olds unless they like to drink
AggieGunslinger
AG
'03
Stive
AG
'99 here......but I probably don't know how to pronounce Chez Bazan correctly so I doubt they'd include me.

AGC
AG
'04

But I can confirm that Stive is an old man
suprafly03
AG
quote:
By default, it should be the best steakhouse in town.

Not trying to be "that guy", but Willow Brook is still the king of steaks in this town.

At least for a steak not made in someone's backyard. As those are often better than many restaurants.
Josepi
AG
quote:
quote:
By default, it should be the best steakhouse in town.

Not trying to be "that guy", but Willow Brook is still the king of steaks in this town.

At least for a steak not made in someone's backyard. As those are often better than many restaurants.
I know. Willow Brook is what everyone says. However, I don't count the country club as a restaurant.
jickyjack1
Attempted Abuelo's today. Fifteen minute wait. Jicky don't play dat.

Went to Zoe's and had tomato bisque and tabuli salad. Place was bright, chairs were tall and comfortable, service was good. I'll be back.

Dro07
AG
what time did you go and were you wearing an A&M shirt?
AGC
AG
15 minute wait? Sounds better than everywhere else in town. Guess the novelty of abuelos has worn off.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.