Radio Chatter re: Brookshires

11,618 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by suprafly03
AggieEE2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
My issue with the beer and wine sales is that it has been approved to sale in Lindale. Wal-Mart in Lindale now sales beer and wine, and the gas station next door to Brookshires in Lindale sales beer, but Brookshires in Lindale has decided that they will not sale beer and wine and they were a part of the group opposing beer and wine sales in Lindale. I applaud them for sticking to their guns and doing what they believe, but it just another reason I can not shop there.
My understanding was that when Brookshires purchased that land to build the store years ago the seller stipulated that they never sell alcohol. Not exactly sure how that is enforceable though.

Brookshires wasn't a part of the group opposed to beer and wine sales - but the owner of the land in front of them that faces 69 was. It just doesn't make sense that they would decide on their own to not sell beer and wine in that one store, while every other one in an area that allows it does.

Which sucks because the one in Mineola has been building up a pretty good craft beer selection. Expensive of course..
Stive
AG
quote:
My understanding was that when Brookshires purchased that land to build the store years ago the seller stipulated that they never sell alcohol. Not exactly sure how that is enforceable though..

You can pretty much put whatever kind of deed restriction you want on property when you sell it. If the buyer signs off on it then it is what it is. You can get some of them removed eventually but it can take a long time.
KJN86
AG
Late to this party. I live west of San Antonio in HEB country. I work for a produce packing shed and we sell a fair amount of produce to Brookshires. I've gone up there for a small convention held by Brookshires. I toured their stores and would prefer them over HEB. Especially their meat and produce depts.
easttexasaggie04
AG
There is actually a nice Brookshires over in Shreveport. If they attempted to make them all that nice I'd go the location here in Marshall. At their Shreveport location they have an excellent selection and fresh produce and a great meat department and bakery. Until then I'm forced to go to Krogers here.
nactownag
AG
I'm late to the party...

We're getting an HEB here in Nac soon.
jickyjack1
Does anyone have an idea of how the Corner Markets are affecting Brookshires? I still go to B for produce (don't eat much meat) but CM for everything else. I miss the points discount on gas, but the prices are so much lower.

I hope in the long run they can coexist, but I've thrown most of my chips in with CM.
suprafly03
AG
quote:
Does anyone have an idea of how the Corner Markets are affecting Brookshires? I still go to B for produce (don't eat much meat) but CM for everything else. I miss the points discount on gas, but the prices are so much lower.

I hope in the long run they can coexist, but I've thrown most of my chips in with CM.

What is this Corner Market you speak of?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.