moving to the area!

3,761 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BayAg14
East.Tx.ZTA.Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have posted in the job forum already, but it was suggested to me to post here, as well. My husband and I are moving to the Tyler area in the next couple of months, he is from the area. I work in healthcare and have a job already lined out, but he is still currently job hunting! He would really like to break into outside sales, specifically industrial, but is definitely open to any suggestions.

A little background on my husband--He worked offshore for Schlumberger for 2.5 years after graduating from SHSU. While at Schlumberger, he started as a Mudlogger, and when he left he was a Unit Supervisor/Total Drilling Control Engineer. From there, he transitioned to South Texas Nuclear Operating Company where he began working as an estimator and has eventually worked his way into project scheduling, which is what he is currently doing.

Please let me know if you have any leads or suggestions! Thanks y'all!

AGC
AG
Welcome! Don't have any leads but there are several companies that manufacture O&G equipment in the area. Might be a good starting point.
Physical Graffiti
AG
I know one O&G manufacturing company he does NOT want to work for.

I have some connections and I'll ask around to see what is out there.
Dro07
AG
I sent the info to my friend looking for someone to hire. He owns Locals Loves Us and its mostly advertising sales and such so your husband may not be interested in that but its an option.
East.Tx.ZTA.Ag
thanks so much for all of your help!
Josepi
AG
I have a friend who is the sales manager at Price International in Tyler, and he is looking for a sales guy. I'm going to guess that truck sales probably isn't what your husband is looking for, but I'll throw it out there anyways.

I was in Longview yesterday at Joy Global, and they are looking for a hydraulics engineer (You wouldn't fit that), but it got me looking at their job board, and they have openings for a manager of their product support call center, and outside sales for their steel mill. I wouldn't know anyone in charge of hiring for those spots, but i know lots of people at Joy, and if you are interested, I can pass along some names who could probably help.

Integrated Flow Solutions here in Tyler was looking for a project manager about 4-5 months ago. It's probably filled, but maybe not.

CB&I is hiring project engineers and project managers here in Tyler. I think they have a couple of openings for both.
Stive
AG
Josepi is the freaking match maker of all match makers!
Josepi
AG
I normally know of a few oil and gas companies who have openings, but I don't know a single O&G company hiring right now in Tyler. H&P has some openings at their HQ in Tulsa, and it might be worth a call to see if they have any openings at their Bullard location.

Same with landmen. There's almost always open spots for landmen, but not this year.

I also thought that EPC in Whitehouse, or KP Engineering would most likely be a good fit for him, but I don't know if they have any openings or not.
Stive
AG
I'd be shocked if HP is hiring here. They've got a ton of rigs parked at Bullard right now.
Josepi
AG
OP, is your husband still looking for a job? One of my competitors is hiring for an industrial sales position here in Tyler (covering East Texas). If you would be interested, let me know.
East.Tx.ZTA.Ag
Still available?
Josepi
AG
Not sure. Send me an e-mail and I will send you the info on who to contact.

ewing_jb at yahoo.com
BayAg14
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.