Best Places to Eat Near Lake Fork?

4,601 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AggielandPoultry
brandonh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for this? Any kind of food will do. I've been to places all around but haven't found many great options. I feel like I am probably missing some good options.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Peralta's is decent. Not a lot of options around there.
coscag03
AG
AJ's Fish House and Verona Italian Cafe. Both good.
kill0509
AG
Grew up there and my folks still live in Point just down the road from Lake Fork. I would recommend going to Circle H BBQ in Emory and ordering a Po' Boy sandwich. It's right there off of Hwy 69 as you are coming in to town from the East. It would say you're running North on Hwy 69 but you're actually heading almost due West. Get to the light at Hwy 19 and you've gone too far. I have eaten quite a bit of BBQ over the years and Fargo's here in College Station was the first place to really impress me after growing up with Lanny's BBQ there at Circle H in Emory.
Brock Sampson
AG
Go to AJs with an appetite
Motot
AG
Peralta's is good mexican
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
AJ's Fish House and Verona Italian Cafe. Both good.

Both of these and Peralta's. Verona's is actually some of my favorite Italian food I've had
armymom
When we visit Lake Fork we always eat at AJ's but everything is fried. You can get a great ribeye or Cajun food at Seth's Lake Fork Creek on Hwy 37 south of Quitman...but go early, small place and lots of people! But our go-to convenient place is the restaurant at Lake Fork Marina....use to be Tiffany's but not sure it still is. They have a larger variety sandwiches, hamburgers, CFS, steaks and great breakfast and pies. I usually pay a visit to the Winnsboro bakery for the Almond Apple Chicken Salad plate! Didn't know about the BBQ place in Emory and will definitely try it when we are there again at Spring Break! Good luck fishing!
YouBet
AG
My parents live in Lands End at Lake Fork. We always eat at Verona when I'm there. It is always a culture shock going back to east Texas though even though I grew up in Longview.

I asked the server last time we were at Veronas for olive oil and she looked at me funny and then told me they don't carry that. I informed her she worked in an Italian restaurant and that I guaranteed her they had it. She managed to find some. Very surreal moment.
AggielandPoultry
AG
Quitman has a few places that are not bad and one I really enjoy. Its called Wind Dingers, they have good wings, burgers, etc but I love their pizza's especially their Bar B-Q chicken pizza!.
AggielandPoultry
AG
I agree with Armymom the place at Lake Fork Marina is excellent !
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.