Best Draft Beer Selection in Tyler?

5,703 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by buy_dont_lease
Falcon85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BJ's, BWW's, some place else? What do y'all think?
Ag pride
AG
Honestly not any great ones, BJ's is ok but I can't stand the crowd it draws. The new juls restaurant ain't to shabby
Falcon85
AG
Thanks, I did not think about Juls. Fuzzy's has some interesting beers too.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
AGC
AG
I think you got them all.
Stive
AG
Stanley's has a few different ones on tap don't they? Doesn't seem like it was a huge selection, but it does seem "different" last I remember...
Josepi
AG
Stanley's has about 6 or 8 beers on tap, but they do have the newish Tyler micro-brew on tap. I think it's called New Vine.

They also have some Goose island, and maybe Fireman 4.
Post removed:
by user
Stive
AG
quote:
Stanley's has about 6 or 8 beers on tap, but they do have the newish Tyler micro-brew on tap. I think it's called New Vine.

They also have some Goose island, and maybe Fireman 4.

I knew I could count on Josepi to confirm this.
Josepi
AG
It's true. I have spent many and hour drinking beer on the Stanley's patio. However, even I avoid Friday nights at that place.
RockOn
True Vine
Josepi
AG
True Vine...New Vine...close enough. Why did they name a microbrew after a wine reference?
Physical Graffiti
AG
Is it not named for Vine st in Tyler?
Post removed:
by user
Comeby!
AG
You know that's critical for success of a business in Tyler, especially helpful if you go to GABC.
Physical Graffiti
AG
True, Comeby. But they sell beer. GABC folks aren't going to publicly partake in their business.

Catch 22 situation!
Comeby!
AG
Exactly. I've never seen that stereotype more pronounced than in Tyler.
Post removed:
by user
Comeby!
AG
quote:
My late wife was a Sunday school teacher for GABC.

She had to sign a contract with the church that she would "not drink alcohol within 100 miles of GABC"

I just laugh at their idiocy

HAhahahahaa!
Stive
AG
quote:
My late wife was a Sunday school teacher for GABC.

She had to sign a contract with the church that she would "not drink alcohol within 100 miles of GABC"

I just laugh at their idiocy

That is one SERIOUSLY retarded rule....and I'm baptist.

Physical Graffiti
AG
It is retarded. We are close family friends with a previous youth minister of GABC. I know he never drank alcohol in public or private.

I don't recall knowing if he signed a pact or not but it was definitely due to him being part of the administration.
Stive
AG
Prestonwood (in Dallas) does something like that but I think it extends to "anywhere", not just within 100 miles, and it includes cigars (or tobacco of any kind). I'm not sure if their's is just deacons and ministers or if it includes class teachers as well.

My Baptist church in Tyler would literally laugh out loud at those kinds of rules. I drink with a bunch of the deacons regularly at our poker game.
Physical Graffiti
AG
My parents (and us when we lived in Tyler) go to a baptist church that also laughs at those "rules". Our pastor did not drink in excess (duh) but Does not require abstaining for the staff.

[This message has been edited by Physical Graffiti (edited 7/30/2014 10:07a).]
Josepi
AG
Just like East Texas to ruin a perfectly good beer conversation with religion. Well done.
Post removed:
by user
buy_dont_lease
AG
I think Juls currently has the best beer on tap selection. They have a pretty strong selection of Texas craft beers, including True Vine, and they have some other interesting choices from around the country/world, though maybe two thirds are bottled. In general, if you're looking for a wide and eclectic beer selection, Juls is the best Tyler has to offer right now. Luckily for me its close to the house and on the way home from work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.