Center, Tx

4,892 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aggie09!
ag2dabone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to be in Center this next weekend for a baseball tournament. Any recommendations on where to eat?
Old Town Ag
AG
Nacogdoches
ag2dabone
I was afraid of that. Was hoping to save the drive.
gigemhilo
AG
I will be there for the same tournament - good luck! (On the tourney and they food!)
ag2dabone
What age group and team will you be with?
gigemhilo
AG
8u- Mt Pleasant. I'll be feeding the pitching machine.

You?

[This message has been edited by Gigemhilo (edited 7/3/2014 7:26a).]
ag2dabone
I have a son playing 8u but we are in the Jr bracket (White Oak) and I coach the pure 13 team from White Oak.
gigemhilo
AG
We played a white oak team at a tourney in Tyler - those boys could hit! It was a select team.
ag2dabone
Oh my. This is cell phone hell. Feel like I am on an episode of Green Acres!
ag2dabone
In Center that is!!
gigemhilo
AG
That has been our experience so far too. The hotel lady said that the towers are messed up - usually works.
jickyjack1
Be sure to block out 3 minutes for the grand tour of Shelbyville.
ag2dabone
Well, the night was not without excitement. There was a police standoff with pistols drawn and rifles drawn at the ballpark!
Stive
AG
quote:
Well, the night was not without excitement. There was a police standoff with pistols drawn and rifles drawn at the ballpark!

Geez. What happened?
gigemhilo
AG
We heard about that - we were at the hotel! by the time we went to "investigate" they were playing ball again. I never heard what it was about but it sounded like a man hunt.
ag2dabone
Supposedly someone from the team we eliminated (Union Grove) was upset about how the game went and was threatening to shoot someone.
gigemhilo
AG
Holy cow!! Some people take it WAY too seriously!!
ag2dabone
No doubt. Haven't looked at the bracket. Yall still playing?
gigemhilo
AG
Yes - we won our first two. I have to brag on my boy a bit - he hit the game winning 3 run homer yesterday for us!! It was his first home run in a game too.... It was quite the thrill!

We have some white oak people in our hotel - they said you had won the first day but didn't hear about yesterday. How did it go?
ag2dabone
Our 8u team was eliminated yesterday but our 13u is still playing. We won 21-2 today and play Henderson Tuesday at noon. Why at noon I have no idea!It is the only game on that field all day!
Stive
AG
quote:
Why at noon I have no idea!It is the only game on that field all day!

That's retarded. Who made that stupid schedule? Because most people don't have jobs and work to do?
gigemhilo
AG
I know right? Our bracket had been pretty strange. We have played 4 games but the team we played tonight had only played 2 before us. That's ok though, we still beat them 13-2!
Stive
AG
The baseball parents rack up the MILES during this time of year. Crazy.
gigemhilo
AG
No joke - we stayed here but some had to go home today to work.

Can you imagine three little boys coupes up on a hotel room all day? Center needs some things to do! Our next game is 1:30 tomorrow - we are about to go nuts!
Stive
AG
quote:
No joke - we stayed here but some had to go home today to work.

Can you imagine three little boys coupes up on a hotel room all day? Center needs some things to do! Our next game is 1:30 tomorrow - we are about to go nuts!

Drive over to Nacogdoches and let them tear tail in nactowns Edward Jones office. I'm sure that will go over great!

Or you could just let them go see SFA's campus or something. It's pretty.
gigemhilo
AG
We went there Sunday because that was the closest movie theater!!

I need about three of me to keep up with these boys!
Aggie09!
AG
Late to the game, but for anyone making future trips to the old stomping grounds:

Piney Woods Seafood - Known for the onion rings

Rancho Grande - If you need your Tex-Mex fix; free margarita, too (don't count on it being strong)!

Chaps - A BBQ staple

Walker's on the Square - Newish restaurant that's upscale compared to everything else. Don't really know how it popped up in Center.

Pickles & Petunias - Sandwich shop with the best homemade pies. They also were only open for like half the year or something. Not sure if it's still around.

That's all I can recall off the top of my head.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.