hard act to follow

2,946 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by etexDVM
lighthorse69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All of you hard core Aggies out there will be able to appreciate this. I think my Dad (Mike Smith class of 66")may have been King of the hard core Aggies. We had his visitation tonight. On top of his casket was an A&M arrangement. The family got there first so we could move the flowers arrangements around in the funeral home because they had an orange flower arrangement next to his casket and he would never be ok with that. Tomorrow will be his funeral and he will be wearing his A&M ring and tie. I bleed maroon will be played during his slide show. A silver taps poem will be read during the funeral and he will leave the church to the Aggie War Hymn. I heard a story tonight that I hadn't heard before. He had a stroke 4 1/2 years ago. When he was at the hospital the nurse hung an IV bag that contained an orange medicine. He made her take it down because orange would not run through his veins. For the family and friends that have sent notes, flowers and plants you are greatly appreciated. For all of the Aggies, he has set the bar high so live a life that would make each Aggie Proud. Thanks to each of you again.
stillmerk
Pirate04
AG
Sorry for your loss and praying for your family. Gig 'em and God Bless
Post removed:
by user
lighthorse69
Love the "Here" Aggiebrewer. Next Muster will be a tough one. Dad was on campus the day of the collapse in 99' but had not made it to the stack yet that day. So i think the 2000 Muster was the toughest for him. Dad never missed one.
steve84
AG
So sorry for your loss Lighthorse.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I will remember his name along with others when "Here" is said at the next Muster.
Brock Sampson
AG
Just saw your letter in the gilmer paper. Your father sounded like he was a great man that will be missed.
lighthorse69
Thank you. He was indeed a great man, and model Aggie. I don't know if i ever knew a more honest or hard working man. A God fearing servant of both his family and fellow man.
etexDVM
AG
Very sorry for your loss. Pastor Laster mentioned your father during the service Sunday. I didn't know him but I've heard nothing but good about him.
I lost my father during my junior year at A&M. He didn't go to A&M but was an Ag at heart.
All I can say is hold tight to all of the good memories.
Here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.