Tyler: Tuscan Slice?

5,413 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by tx.agg.96
Mike92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed that a restaurant called Tuscan Slice Wood Fired Pizza and Italian Bistro is moving into the old Carino's building.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Building+Permits/198899/woodfired-pizza-restaurant-taking-over-carinos-space#

Does anyone know anything about it?

They appear to have locations in Waxahachie, Greenville, and Sherman. I don't normally consider these ciities hotbeds of cuisine, but the menu seems decent.

http://www.tuscanslice.com/

[This message has been edited by Mike92 (edited 5/2/2014 5:17p).]
Josepi
AG
Tyler is severely lacking a good Italian place, so I hope it does well. Little Italy, and Mario's are average at best, and I don't like oliveto's at all.

[This message has been edited by Josepi (edited 5/2/2014 5:28p).]
Mike92
AG
I agree. We moved here a year ago and haven't found a really good Italian place. Little Italy has become our default. We tried Mario's but my wife didn't like it at all and I thought it was below average. Maybe it was an off night but I didn't see any compelling reason to go to go back. We've been to Oliveto's once. It seemed decent, but not worth going back considering the distance from us.
buy_dont_lease
AG
Welp... There goes my hair-brained idea of quitting my day job and opening a wood fire pizza joint in Tyler and having a captive market!

I hope it's good since, while Little Italy is a good neighborhood Italian place, it can't be the best Tyler has to offer.
EastTexAg09
I saw them working on the old carinos building the last time I was in town.

I've always like Bruno's and Bernard's is good too
Ag pride
AG
I don't mind Bruno's, but when you hear some people talk about it you would think it was a restaurant from Italy that they moved here haha
Stive
AG
Pretty sure I'm not the best critic of Italian food restaurants, but Bruno's has always been VERY average in my opinion. It's not bad mind you.....but it's so ridiculously overrated in this town. Granted, it's better than all of your chain pizza places, but some people act like it's the greatest italian food ever.

Dro07
AG
I rather have double Dave's. Our office used to be by Bruno's and it wasn't bad but not as awesome as some would make it out to be. I agree though that Tyler is lacking in Italian but makes up for it in Mexican I guess

Can't wait for freebirds though
iLargeAg
AG
I've been to the one in Waxahachie. Delicious food. I can't wait for it to open so I can go when I go home.
jelfag06
AG
Wife and I have given Mario's a couple of chances and it's always pretty average..She is ok with Oliveto but she usually says it's not real authentic Italian food. Bruno's well I personally think that the food at the location on Vine, is way better than the one on Old Jacksonville.

Regardless, we are very excited about trying this place.

[This message has been edited by jelfag06 (edited 5/6/2014 2:54p).]
Post removed:
by user
Mike92
AG
We just got back from the Tuscan Slice opening night. The whole family enjoyed their food. My lasagna was great. Definitely the best I've had in Tyler (and many other places).
Dro07
AG
How was the wait?

[This message has been edited by Dromo07 (edited 7/9/2014 10:23p).]
Mike92
AG
No wait at all but the restaurant was fairly full. It will be interesting to see how long the wait will be once more people know that it has opened.
AGC
AG
Thanks for the update. Pretty under the radar opening it sounds like.
Dro07
AG
alright i will prob check it out in about 3 months.
tx.agg.96
AG
quote:
alright i will prob check it out in about 3 months.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.