If you don't think

4,969 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jickyjack1
jickyjack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
you can pay $2.19 for an apple, you haven't shopped at Brookshires lately. I'm sure I'm only one of thousands who can't wait for the new Walmart grocery/market to open.

EastTexAg09
+1 for the walmart grocery mart.

I am not a fan of the Brookshire family. And I can't stand fresh, who the hell puts the parking lot in the back?
Ag pride
AG
quote:
+1 for the walmart grocery mart.

I am not a fan of the Brookshire family. And I can't stand fresh, who the hell puts the parking lot in the back?

Agreed on family...
Josepi
AG
When is the Walmart neighborhood grocery opening? They have been working on that building for what seems like forever.
Owlagdad
Got to watch Walmart prices--they will stick you on food after they get you in there for dy goods etc. Had a Neighborhood market in Rockwall, Kroger beat their prices. Nice place though, and Tyler one will be handy.
CU@Kyle
Where is the Walmart Market/Grocery going to be located at in Tyler?
Stive
AG
quote:
Where is the Walmart Market/Grocery going to be located at in Tyler?

There will be one on old Jacksonville on the west side between Grande and Loop 323.

I think the one Josepi is referencing is where Albertsons was at Paluxy and the Loop.
Josepi
AG
I didn't know there was going to be one on Old Jacksonville.

Yes, I was referencing the one in the old Albertsons. They have been working on it for 6-8 months now.
Stive
AG
The one on OJ is "not well known" yet. (Not even sure if it's public info). I know some people out there know about it (probably even people on here), but I'm not sure the final purchase has even taken place yet. They were looking at land on both sides of the road but supposedly chose the one on the west because of traffic flow on the way home from work.
Dro07
AG
quote:
And I can't stand fresh, who the hell puts the parking lot in the back?

Haha many discussions about this was made about the parking lot but its actually in the "front" and you see the "Back" from the street. Originally the parking was going to be all underground but that got VE'd
Stive
AG
Iceman, I'm guessing you've heard about the Wal M going in on OJ, right? You're more plugged into that world than I think I would be.

Hey Iceman...a mutual architect friend of ours is looking for someone to do some drafting for him. Got any leads?
Dro07
AG
Stive, I had a while back about it but i thought it was scrapped but sounds like its back up. I am not as plugged in right now as i used to be with grad school but should be back in the mix of it come June.

I had a lead on a draftsman a few months back but they moved to Houston for work. I will hit up come of my contacts though and let you know.

[This message has been edited by A&M Iceman (edited 2/4/2014 7:55p).]
Josepi
AG
Looks like the new Wal-Mart at OJ & Grande is progressing

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+Local/206582/two-new-grocery-stores-coming-to-tyler#.VDfdrFfyDPo
Stive
AG
Yep.....pretty nice deals on both sides I'm sure.

Stive
AG
Wait....so iceman changed his name to dromo?

jickyjack1
Several months later it is only fair to say I'm still using Brookshire's. Country Market's produce (I've heard meat also) is horrid.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.