Freebirds coming to Tyler?

16,948 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by RockOn
Scotts Tot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have heard a rumor from a couple of people that a Freebirds will moving into the building where the now-defunct Casa Ole is on Broadway. Can anyone substantiate this rumor...?
Stive
AG
Do you mean Carretas? (in front of Target)

If so, it's going to be a Razoo's. Not a Freebirds.

Physical Graffiti
AG
Casa ole was in front of Times Square.

[This message has been edited by Physical graffiti (edited 6/24/2013 7:39p).]
Stive
AG
Don't guess I realized it was closed.

Hang on....let me find out what's going in there....
Scotts Tot
AG
Right...I'm talking about the Casa Ole, which was in front of Time Square.
tx.agg.96
AG
while we are on tyler rumors, i saw a plan for the village at cumberland park. it included a shenaniganz, gap, jcrew, another raquet and jog, sprouts, petco, guitar center and a bunch of other stuff. not sure how accurate it is.

be nice to have a freebirds, though.
Stive
AG
Commercial realtor said Freebirds wants to be here. Wouldn't surprise him at all if they were making a play at the Casa Ole. He said they made a big play to be where Chipotle is but the developer went the Chipotle route because of their financial strength.

DSW is also one of the ones coming into Cumberland. Several others....can't remember off the top of my head.
Scotts Tot
AG
Stive - I'm new to this board (and new to Tyler). You sound like someone with an inside scoop. What's your line of work...?
Dro07
AG
Interesting. I heard that they were wanting to go with the new ragin canes. Guess they don't wanna do that anymore.
Dro07
AG
Our new office is gonna be in the time square center... I'm gonna get so fat! Lulz
Stive
AG
quote:
Our new office is gonna be in the time square center... I'm gonna get so fat! Lulz

What kind of work do you do?
Stive
AG
quote:
Stive - I'm new to this board (and new to Tyler). You sound like someone with an inside scoop. What's your line of work...?

I'm in the money world here. Best friend here is one of the larger commercial realtor managers/brokers here in town. So when things are coming in (business wise) he keeps me filled in pretty well.

He hasn't heard about anything specific going into the old Casa Ole, but admitted he wouldn't be surprised if they were negotiating with Freebirds.
Dro07
AG
Architecture. They company I work for designed Fresh among other things all over Tyler and ET. Physical Grafitis uncle is the head honcho.
Scotts Tot
AG
Iceman-

My Sunday School teacher is an architect who has done a lot of work around Tyler. Would his initials happen to be MB, also an Aggie?
Stive
AG
Flyfisher...what kind of work do you do?
Scotts Tot
AG
I am an engineer for an oil/gas company here in Tyler.
Dro07
AG
Nah he and my boss used to have a firm together where i started working 6 years ago but they split up like 2 years ago or so. He is now the competition though. We have about 6-7 Ags in our office of 15 so we represent pretty well.
jickyjack1
Hell will freeze over and all the little devils go ice skating before I spend another penny at that place.

[This message has been edited by jickyjack1 (edited 6/26/2013 3:30p).]
Dro07
AG
Hello right field..
Stive
AG
quote:
Hell will freeze over and all the little devils go ice skating before I spend another penny at Raquet and Jog. Nobody else should, either...what jerks.

What's they do? Don't just throw that out their without backing it up with the story.
jickyjack1
Well, I shouldn't advise others what to do; I know what I will (or, in this case, will not) do. It has to do with wise acre/punk/offensive customer service.
Scotts Tot
AG
The strong hate for Raquet and Jog has me intrigued, but your comments thus far have been too vague to satisfy my curiosity.

Details please!
RockOn
Stive - what do you do in Tyler?

I'm in lending.
Physical Graffiti
AG
I'm no longer in Tyler but as Ice said my uncle is his owner......uh.....boss.

We have lots of family still there so I keep up with the forum. And I am mad that there could be a Freebirds now that we've been gone.

But I guess the one just down the road from my office will help ease the pain.
Dro07
AG
Now don't Paula Dean up ur uncle
SeanAg05
AG
Ice.. I used to work for an engineering firm in Tyler and I worked with the husband of one of the lady architects you work with (Initials BZ).. hell i might have met you at some point, i worked for the firm in the castle on broadway
Mike92
AG
I just moved to Tyler within the last few months and was wondering what might move into that Casa Ole location. It's good to get some inside scoop.
Dro07
AG
Sean,

big possibility we have talked in the past. Heck I think i even played a few softball games for you guys as well. I had a friend that worked there that I went and played baseball with during High School he moved to Plano a year or two ago.
Dro07
AG
Heck i was happy when i heard about Raisin Canes cant wait for freebirds though! I will say this though... Casa ole is HUGE for a freebirds but knowing Tyler that place would be jammed packed for a year just because it got one.

[This message has been edited by A&M Iceman (edited 6/27/2013 5:01p).]
Owlagdad
Any scoop on the pads next to Behavior Hospital on University? That would be great location for Freebirds. Do UTTyler have anything but fast food on campus?
Stive
AG
quote:
Any scoop on the pads next to Behavior Hospital on University? That would be great location for Freebirds. Do UTTyler have anything but fast food on campus?

No idea over there....but I can almost guarantee it won't be a "big" name other than fast food. If it's not on Broadway in Tyler, most of the big places have to be dragged kicking and screaming to evaluate the sight. Old Jacksonville is getting a better reputation but the big boys still aren't completely convinced.

RockOn....I'm a financial advisor.

[This message has been edited by Stive (edited 6/27/2013 6:13p).]
Dro07
AG
Old Jacksonville is the next hotspot. Broadway is too freaking congested. Nothing will ever be build by UTtyler worth a damn because it will always be a commuter school and not really an attraction. Maybe a bar but I highly doubt it
Stive
AG
quote:
Old Jacksonville is the next hotspot. Broadway is too freaking congested.

Completely agree. But apparently it's weird how the out of town commercial guys trying to find locations for their clients (the restaurants) have to be sold/convinced about Old Jacksonville. They still think if you're in Tyler you have to be on Broadway. (At least that's what I'm told)
chuckenvy
I also heard of a possibility of Mi Cocina being interested in opening a place on Old Jacksonville.
Dro07
AG
That all Tyler needs... Another damn Mexican restaurant!

I talked to a partner about the remodel of time square and casa ole is part of the project and as of now we are not remodeling it for a specific tenant. So rumor is false on free birds being at casa ole as of now.

[This message has been edited by A&M iceman (edited 6/27/2013 10:13p).]
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.