Howdy Folks!

A few of y'all know that I run the sports programs at the Midland YMCA. Out here everyone knows how tough it is keeping work and families stable during this oil downturn. Luckily we do scholarship programs to make sure that even if a family has lost work we can help pay for youth programs, sports, and affordable day care. Right now we're in the middle of fund raising to keep those scholarships going but its a rough road with most of our local businesses hurting as well.

I wanted to bring it up to you all to see if anyone is interested in donating to the Midland YMCA's program to help us keep providing community support. If you're interested, know of someone who would be, or have a business who could donate in mind please don't hesitate to call or email. All cash donations are tax deductible too.

You can reach me at anewman@midlandymca.org and I can answer questions or create donor information for you.

Thank you all for any help or input you can offer. This is a funky time in the oil world where we have less coming in and more going out and I appreciate any support.