West Texas
Sponsored by

Favorite Restaurants in Midland

54,965 Views | 263 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LoudestWHOOP!
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Richline said:

Hopefully they can find people to staff it.

I've been going to The King and I, a little Thai place on Big Spring just north of Louisiana. Also I like Tampico Spanish Inn for a good Mexican food lunch, they have a sour cream sauce that makes everything taste good. Good salsa too.
LaBodega in Odessa (not Midland) makes a cream cheese enchilada sauce that I have turned into Chicken Enchilada Soup with a full cup of their salsa for low carb keto meal.
WestTxAg16
AG
Haven't tried it yet, but Butter is in the new shopping center by Ally Outdoors and I've heard it's good. It's Tapas style and I believe good cocktails. Bring your big boy/girl wallet though.

Ally outdoors cafe is a good lunch spot and can browse guns so that's nice.

Half Acre opened up where the taco shop on the SW corner of Loop 250/Big Spring. They serve Midland Meat Company stuff (might be associated) and have good burgers and I hear good BBQ.

BBQ place in HEB is actually pretty good.

Bean & Grape by Murray's is good little wine/beer/coffee shop place with food. Good weekend brunch.

Torchy's is about to open up near ORMC in Odessa so that'll make going to downtown Odessa an actual possibility.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
WestTxAg16 said:

Haven't tried it yet, but Butter is in the new shopping center by Ally Outdoors and I've heard it's good. It's Tapas style and I believe good cocktails. Bring your big boy/girl wallet though.

Ally outdoors cafe is a good lunch spot and can browse guns so that's nice.

Half Acre opened up where the taco shop on the SW corner of Loop 250/Big Spring. They serve Midland Meat Company stuff (might be associated) and have good burgers and I hear good BBQ.

BBQ place in HEB is actually pretty good.

Bean & Grape by Murray's is good little wine/beer/coffee shop place with food. Good weekend brunch.

Torchy's is about to open up near ORMC in Odessa so that'll make going to downtown Odessa an actual possibility.
Thanks for the updates.
I liked the Half Acres burgers, haven't tried beyond that.
We also like the HEB BBQ.
We also eat at a BF/Lunch place in Odessa called Fusion III on North Grandview by 8th. 1 lb of Fajitas (that we like and share) for $14 with hand rolled tortillas.
Tried and liked Torchy's with our daughter in Dallas, may have to meet my wife downtown for lunch.
TequilaMockingbird
Odessa and Midland are each getting a Crab Station Oyster Bar. In Odessa at 42nd and Dixie. Midland at Kimber-Lea Place Center on Wadley.
HTownAg98
Eating at El Banquete right now for lunch. That salsa is legit. I had to hold back so that I had enough to pour on the Mexican plate I ordered.

Also went to Midand Beer Garden the other night for some beers. Awesome local and Texas craft beer selection. Their burger is serviceable, but you're really here for the beer.
CaptnCarl
AG
The new Marriott in downtown Odessa is BY FAR the nicest hotel in the area now. I was blown away by how nice it is. There is a restaurant there called Derrick and Barrel and the lobby bar is extremely nice.
LEJ
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
CaptnCarl said:

The new Marriott in downtown Odessa is BY FAR the nicest hotel in the area now. I was blown away by how nice it is. There is a restaurant there called Derrick and Barrel and the lobby bar is extremely nice.
May have to meet my wife for lunch there sometime. Thanks
TequilaMockingbird
Midland is getting a Cork and Pig location.
TequilaMockingbird
CaptnCarl said:

Everyone I know that has tried the restaurant gave it great reviews.
Predmid
AG
Scotty's soul food.

Great stuff.
TequilaMockingbird
Tried a new place in Odessa called Tio Gordo's Texican Cafe. Nothing groundbreaking, just good food. On 87th in the Lawndale area.
TequilaMockingbird
I haven't been yet but I'm hearing good things about Cafe Dominique in Midland.

https://www.facebook.com/Cafedominique1/
TequilaMockingbird
Odessa just opened a Walk Ons location, and Grub Burger Bar is coming soon. Midland's Walk Ons will open soon.
fta09
AG
I've eaten at Pi Social a couple of times since it is near the office. The pizza is good, although I think the margherita could use some work. The slices of tomato on the pizza just don't quite work for me, but the others we tried were good. Great crust. Wings are good but breaded if that is a turn off for you.

The first time our service at dinner was annoyingly slow. It was a few guys after work getting pizzas and beers but they could have sped things up. We had to ask for the ticket multiple times. Yesterday at lunch was much better.

They scan your temperature before letting anyone in and the staff have masks, but they often pull them down or to the side. Doesn't really bother me but thought I'd mention it.
dallasag12
AG
Pi Social is the best pizza we have now imho. Ray's gives me heartburn without fail, past that Dominos is about the only other serviceable pizza in the area.

Sad that Junior Urias moved out of the area so Up in Smoke is no longer, but MMC Half Acre took over the location and should be up and running soon.

Librado (where wine rack used to be) is halfway decent and they actually have a pretty good selection at the bar, just in somewhat of a tucked-away spot in that shopping center.
andrabeth
AG
Places that Helped us Survive 2020/COVID-
Thank God Texas allowed take out cocktails!

1. TKILAZ (we did their catering for Christmas Eve dinner and it was on point); also great bar drinks. A friend recently said they had Blanton's there cheaper than anywhere else if you like Bourbon
2. Gerardos- Their To-go Margs (Just Buy the Gallon) are life. Get the Frozen
3. Pi Social- Great little happy hour and I have liked their brunch
4. Recently tried Sapporo Ramen (by TKILAZ) and it was really good
5. The Patio has been solid each time we tried it and bonus was it was family friendly
6. Cork and Pig- on point each time we go. Best Pizza in Town IMO
*There are many more. We have really tried to eat local as much as possible.

What are new places we need to try as dine in or carry out? We now have a 16 month old so 'going out' looks different these days.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
We have enjoyed the Side Bar & Grill in downtown Odessa on Grant south of 5th, mostly for the outdoor dining possibility.
Homemade buns on their Round Sandwiches/Burgers are great.
https://www.facebook.com/Sidebargril/
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Another restaurant we have been eating at for lunch in Odessa is La Fusion Nights at Grandview and Beverly (North of 8th).
Street Tacos, Wings and weekly specials with a great Salsa bar.
https://www.facebook.com/LaFusionNights/
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Cafe San Blas in Downtown Odessa near 7th and Texas.
Everything we have had was very good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.