Is this for real? Canyon, WT expect to land Obama library

2,141 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 84AGEC
Aggie1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2016-03-31/canyon-wt-expect-land-obama-library?utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=Daily%20Headlines&utm_campaign=Daily%20Headlines%20starting%2002/18/16

quote:
An official announcement, both spectacular in scope and magnitude, is just days away that will put Canyon on both the national and international map not only in the near future, but for generations to come.

Next week, possibly as early as Tuesday, dignitaries from Washington, Chicago, Texas A&M, as well as local officials will convene at West Texas A&M for the formal announcement that the Barack Obama Presidential Center has found a new home in Canyon.
CanyonAg77
AG
Did you not check the date, or did you expect us to not check the date?
Aggie1
AG
Excellent point. When I posted this it was with some trepidation...

On the other hand, during my days in Amarillo, it was still one of the 10 biggest cities in Texas, had a thriving Air Force Base plus Pantex, and certainly was (and remains) the capital of the Panhandle tri-state region. Being midway between both coasts and on Route 66/I-40 makes it a central location if that made a difference for visitors...

The harsh comments made about barbed wire and Winchester rifles in the Panhandle Plains Museum in Canyon only added to the giveaway...

The fact that WTA&M was the location made it an interesting post for this forum - I thought...

Didn't fool anyone though

Fun!
84AGEC
AG
They have a 4/1 story every year
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.